Quantcast

>>Wet Wednesderp GMT<<

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Went to leave work yesterday and my brake pedal went down to the floor. Got out and checked under the van and I had a bunch of brake fluid leaking out. I'm guessing I've got a broken brake line so wifey had to come get me. Thankfully it happened while still in the parking lot at work and not while I was driving down the road.

Today while at work I'll be calling a tow truck to have towed somewhere. Ugh... more money I'll need to spend that I wasn't planning on. Hooray for me.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:
Have to go in this morning for "mandatory training". AKA "we fucked something up and the FAA is up our ass". Easy OT I guess but Jesus, like I couldn't think of anything better to do on a day that's supposed to be in the mid 60's. :mad:
Can you say mud season?
:stupid:

Tired to mountain bike in Castle Rock yesterday. Was like trying to pedal through wet adobe. Massive fail.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Warmest day of the year so far. I was finally able to shed the winter jacket. Roads are super dirty even with the rain we got yesterday. Levis commuter gear top to toe. I really like their bike clothing it not a gimmick and I you can always get it on a deal if you wait.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Levis commuter gear top to toe. I really like their bike clothing it not a gimmick and I you can always get it on a deal if you wait.
How does that stuff fit? Looks kinda emo/hipster.
Concept is great, wish it existed back in my urban commuting days.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
How does that stuff fit? Looks kinda emo/hipster.
Concept is great, wish it existed back in my urban commuting days.
Well I am tall and skinny and like the fit but they also have pants that are so not so skinny. Some taper is good so you don't have legs getting caught in the chain.

Emo/hipster I am not sure I just think they try to put a little style into their clothes if you don't like style I suggest you by your clothes at Walmart.

There are just many small cool features like a zippered pocket in my new shirt so my cell phone doesn't fall out, higher back on the jeans so less but crack showing, coolmax fabrics etc.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I rode in today. Half day of research although I'm not feeling all too productive-minded so far, running a noon conference, then half day of reading CTs and MRs.

After that it's mini-vacation time: off Thursday and Friday, and headed down Friday to the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, with kiddo staying up here with mother-in-law.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Well I am tall and skinny and like the fit but they also have pants that are so not so skinny. Some taper is good so you don't have legs getting caught in the chain.

Emo/hipster I am not sure I just think they try to put a little style into their clothes if you don't like style I suggest you by your clothes at Walmart.

There are just many small cool features like a zippered pocket in my new shirt so my cell phone doesn't fall out, higher back on the jeans so less but crack showing, coolmax fabrics etc.
I saw the regular fit after I posted, I only saw the skinny jean originally.
I'm 6'4 36w but it looks like a long enough inseam @ 34.
Other than the cargo pants they look like typical levis stuff and the features look well thought out.
I'd like to try the shorts but those look a little too tight in the leg for my tastes, maybe REI carries them so I can feel/size them up.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
For the record, coming into work with the power out, followed by a phone system crash all while dealing with a serious case of gutrott and the runs, makes for a hectic as fuck morning.

But the sun is shining and I drove most of the way to work with my car window half way down, so its not all bad. :)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I saw the regular fit after I posted, I only saw the skinny jean originally.
I'm 6'4 36w but it looks like a long enough inseam @ 34.
Other than the cargo pants they look like typical levis stuff and the features look well thought out.
I'd like to try the shorts but those look a little too tight in the leg for my tastes, maybe REI carries them so I can feel/size them up.
Agree on the shorts. I have pair from last summer and they are very skinny.

All of their jeans and short have elastic build into the fabric which makes a huge difference.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Had to take La's subbie into the shop this morning. rear wheel bearings are going wooo-wooo-wooo or something. I hope it is not expensive wtf it is.
Got a tour of her office, met the people she bitches about lots. Was a nice office. Reminds me mine is a dump.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
GAH!!!!
$950 for some brake hardware, wheel bearings, front axle & rotors.
fkn cars...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
GAH!!!!
$950 for some brake hardware, wheel bearings, front axle & rotors.
fkn cars...
I'd recommend getting another opinion before ponying up, ideally from an independent shop that specializes in Subarus. Even for scheduled maintenance I've found that one shop can be be twice/half the cost of the other, and I suspect there's a positive correlation between high priced shops and suspect recommendations for extra work.

Child cried until 2am last night. FML.
Sucks. Mine woke up thrice overnight, but thankfully went back to sleep quickly each time. Still messes with the adults older peoples' sleep, though.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I'd recommend getting another opinion before ponying up, ideally from an independent shop that specializes in Subarus. Even for scheduled maintenance I've found that one shop can be be twice/half the cost of the other, and I suspect there's a positive correlation between high priced shops and suspect recommendations for extra work.

Sucks. Mine woke up thrice overnight, but thankfully went back to sleep quickly each time. Still messes with the adults older peoples' sleep, though.
For some reason the axle is way cheaper than the previous one we replaced three years ago. :think:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Ugh. I hate it when computers and other computer-like devices don't work as they should.

My wife has been complaining about the Chromebook dropping WiFi, and tonight I got to experience that in spades. I Powerwashed the Chromebook several times. That didn't work. I switched both routers (separate SSIDs and non-overlapping channels) to WPA2-PSK with AES. That didn't work, and indeed made things worse. I then switched the routers to WPA(1)-PSK with AES on one (doesn't support TKIP) and TKIP on the other. That finally seemed to fix it--the Chromebook apparently was not figuring out how to negotiate WPA1 vs 2, and when I made the networks 2-only then all connectivity outside my local subnet was kaput.

Google-son, I am disappoint. (and after all this the Wifi connection dropped again after a half hour.)

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
And/or the most opportunities to escape and drink (or to leave warly and ride) on the clock. These may or may not overlap with the lack of pants option.