Quantcast

We've hidden a camera inside this Butcher Shop... GMT

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Still cold as balls outside.

Going to attempt another ride tonight. Brought my clothes into work and will change here, rather than at the trailhead in the snow. s m a r t

Need to find some coffee and get some things done at work.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Working a bit while enjoying the fireplace and a nice warm floor.
Might go outside to enjoy this nice and cold winter day.

FTS is at 0

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Working this morning for a bit. Recruiting call this afternoon for a Florida practice (I’d be remote from here).

Not heading up to the mountains this weekend, in case y’all are keeping track. I have a concert to perform in on Saturday and hustling back after Devo didn’t seem palatable.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
It’s 4F out

Good thing I don’t have to start trucks and tractors today. . .:thumbsdown: that’s sarcasm for my dumb ass has to haul corn all night, if I can get my antique shit to start.

Office job is going to give me an anxiety attack, shit needs to calm the fuck down.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Had a dream I was living aboard a 98 foot bertram superyacht that I retrofitted myself, was anchored in greece, would run a landing craft tender to shore with my motorcycle aboard and explore the mainland.

Found myself looking at live aboard prices this morning.

In other news,

cough is hanging around like a redheaded step child. Still no taste or smell. makes coffee pointless hot water.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Also, I just ate a leftover apple/sauerkraut porkchop for breakfast and it might have been as good as they were last night.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Freakin cold this morning -35°F with the windchill. No one complained on the walk to school, in fact my oldest didn't want to go inside when we got there... he wanted to play outside. My face when I got back:
1642776722252.png

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Can anyone give me a compelling reason not to get rid of the coaxial cables or phone jacks in my house? I'm fixing to tear them all out this weekend otherwise.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Unless you have any Cat5 in the walls consider it all outdated.
Nope, looks like it's all RG6. Pretty sure the prior owners had cable internet & TV. I went with fiber internet and haven't found a good reason not to tear this stuff out.

Luckily for me they ran the cables through the heating ducts, which includes drilling holes in the duct work to facilitate that. :rolleyes:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I dragged myself to the pool this morning and managed to swim for an hour without having to quit from fatigue. Only my third swim in four months. I need to get back into triathlon shape but that shouldn't take too long.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Nope, looks like it's all RG6. Pretty sure the prior owners had cable internet & TV. I went with fiber internet and haven't found a good reason not to tear this stuff out.

Luckily for me they ran the cables through the heating ducts, which includes drilling holes in the duct work to facilitate that. :rolleyes:
even RG6 is nearly outdated these days. Most everything new is being plumbed with multi mode Cat6 fiber

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I wish a lot that I could redo my place with that, including underground runs between buildings.
Attic/crawl space runs can be done pretty easily using 1.5" pvc then chasing/snake whatever you want through it. Done it on every place I have owned in the last 10 years. Mini trenchers can be rented for the cheap these days through home depot as well.

Last edited:
Attic/crawl space runs can be done pretty easily using 1.5" pvc then chasing/snake whatever you want through it. Done it on every place I have owned in the last 10 years. Mini trenchers can be rented for the cheap these days through home depot as well.
I have the habit of insulating all interior walls, heat is hydronic, which makes chasing/snaking something between PITA and impossible. I hate power machinery, so trenching tends to be done by hand. What I need to learn to do when trenching is always to lay a spare conduit run.