Quantcast

Whales cause flight delay

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
My buddy just texted me about this: He has been sitting at the gate 45 minutes past departure time for a flight from Atlanta to Los Angeles, while the airline scrounges up 35 more seatbelt extenders to accommodate all the fat folks on the flight.:eek::think::rofl:

pass the fried pork rinds will ya fella. :rofl:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Jeebus, how fat is this country getting? I am 5'10, 245#, so I am fat by no stretch of the imagination. However, I don't even have to try to shoehorn my fat ass into a seat, I just drop right in, with 4" of seat belt hanging out of the buckle.

I consider myself to be the premier fat bastard, but jeeee-sus, America needs to go for a jog.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Jeebus, how fat is this country getting? I am 5'10, 245#, so I am fat by no stretch of the imagination. However, I don't even have to try to shoehorn my fat ass into a seat, I just drop right in, with 4" of seat belt hanging out of the buckle.

I consider myself to be the premier fat bastard, but jeeee-sus, America needs to go for a jog.
By the Southern Body Mass Index you would be considered average body type.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Ya, just about everyone is fat compared to me...I'm 6'2" and weigh 140, haha. My dad said he's seen some SUPER fat people on his flights before. One of which had to buy TWO FIRST CLASS seats!

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Ya, just about everyone is fat compared to me...I'm 6'2" and weigh 140, haha. My dad said he's seen some SUPER fat people on his flights before. One of which had to buy TWO FIRST CLASS seats!
I think you need to spend some more time at chipolte and cold stone. I can teach you.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Oh I drink here. I would just like to be in the "Athletic" class in a city. Too many folk in Phoenix do sit ups.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

In Europe this is max you can see people at and usualy they try to loose weight fast. Where is the social pressure where you need it? Seriously scar the super fat teens for the rest of their lives so they will never want to be fat again.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
This is a regular occurrence where I work. We keep seat belt extensions in the line truck just for this. The Flight Attendants station on the aircraft is supposed to be stocked with at least three extra extensions, and its shocking how often we get maintenance calls because they need at least one more.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
i had a choice on a recent southwest flight....sit between two fatties or next to a baby. I chose the baby & it was a great flight.

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
I got off a flight once and there were 14 wheelchairs lined up ready to meet the plane for all the people who couldn't or wouldn't walk through the terminal.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i snore like a motherfvcker on the plane if i fall asleep.....i don't give a sh*t who sits next to me.

fvcking deal with it.

NorseManiac

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
The North Shore, MA
I asked for another seat on a flight out of Miami cuz the fat f@ck next to me was overflowing the seat. I got moved to a nice comfy area of the plane with plenty of room. This country needs an effing wake up call, far too many fats.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
They are still around? I used to love their song "Hobo Humpin Slobo Babe". Now they are on planes causing delays?? Seems like a bad way to promote your band. They should fire their publicist....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've been on flights where they had to shift people around to accomodate the balance of the plane due to large centers of weight in concentrated areas (aka too many fat people in one area). As it was an early business flight, there was a lot of sneering, laughing, and smart ass commentary. Hopefully we gave them a complex.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
There was an awesome picture posted a year or so ago with a dude in coach so fat that he took up half the aisle and the seat next to him. Apparently the flight attendants made him buy either another seat or the whole row, I can't remember which. IIRC, he tried to sue on discrimination, but it didn't make it very far.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
This is one thing that realyl IRKS me. I once had to sit between two VERY large people. Unfortunately I didn't have the arm-rests down when they came into the row to sit, so I didn't really claim my SPACE. Both of them had hips that went WAY over their alotted boundry and infringed upon my seat. in fact, they were SO big... How big where they? They were SO big that my elbos rested on the sides of their GUTS the whole flight. And this was a coast to coast 6hr nightmare, not a little SFO to LAX 1hr puddle jumper.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I have a nice set of earbuds that block virtually all ambient noise.

Unfortunately, I don't have a set of noseplugs that do the same.

I wonder what they'd do if I started bringing a little hard plastic wall that I could put up inside my armrest to keep the fat from spilling over? They couldn't say much, I'd imagine - it's my seat.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida

I wonder what they'd do if I started bringing a little hard plastic wall that I could put up inside my armrest to keep the fat from spilling over? They couldn't say much, I'd imagine - it's my seat.
Or a battery powered electric knife, just chop off anything hanging over the armrest.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Just start making comments about how they are obese and should have bought the entire row between the two of them. Complain to the stewardess about how obese the people in your row are, preventing you from getting the full space of the seat you paid for. At a certain point, there will be anough hostility that the stewardess will need to move you. Worst case you can ask to have them mored next to each other so that you can lean into the aisle.
You just have to be willing to be a complete dick.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I've been on flights where they had to shift people around to accomodate the balance of the plane due to large centers of weight in concentrated areas (aka too many fat people in one area). As it was an early business flight, there was a lot of sneering, laughing, and smart ass commentary. Hopefully we gave them a complex.
a lot of fat people in cali?