Quantcast

What’s the ding dang deal here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
People need to have some 12 grain bread and chill, arguments and fights get you nowhere.

Speaking from experience since I am a moderator on another site, troublesome posts have to be dealt with on a timely manner. If not, it gets way out of hand and has the potential of flowing over into other topics. The mods here are very fair if you ask me, it's just that they have to be the bad guy at times and keep you all(me included) in check.

A level of moderation is needed to keep a site running with in a reasonable amount of sanity. Try to picture this place if there was no moderation. The quality would be nowhere as good.

This is a private forum, where the admin can set his own rules and how they are to be enforced. Don't like that, go somewhere else.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
johnbryanpeters said:
This thread scans much better once you add Hello Kitty to your ignore list.

Recommended.

J
Col. Hello Kitty: You want answers?

Lt. ridemonkey prudes: I think I'm entitled.

Col. Hello Kitty: You want answers?!

Lt. ridemonkey prudes: I want the truth!

Col. Hello Kitty: You can't handle the truth!

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
i wish i could ride XC with the guys i work with, im just to damn slow, i get my ass kicked by 40 YO dudes. :dead:

But i still ride it when im out west. it is fun for sure...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
mack said:
i wish i could ride XC with the guys i work with, im just to damn slow, i get my ass kicked by 40 YO dudes. :dead:

But i still ride it when im out west. it is fun for sure...
40yo old dudes are pretty much at their prime as far as endurance goes so don't be ashamed by getting spanked by them. Now my GF's dad is 54 almost 55 and he drops the hammer on me and I even climb semi-frequently. But he's the exception...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
N8 said:
That is SO true... We have a local boy who rides in the Texas Cup races... he came away with 3rd in the totally insane Single Speed Open class in the spring. He came in 6th in the Fall cup series which ain't all that bad when you consider he's 3rd in the Arkansas Single Speed standings.
who was the crazy Texan SS'er who beat Lance in an MTB race a few years ago? I think Lance flatted but still, the dude was riding SS and Lance had gears!

oh yeah and it was Lance!!!!!

J

JRB

punkassean said:
who was the crazy Texan SS'er who beat Lance in an MTB race a few years ago? I think Lance flatted but still, the dude was riding SS and Lance had gears!

oh yeah and it was Lance!!!!!
I don't remember his name. I will try to find it tomorrow. That course is a good ss trail though.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Hello Kitty said:
Col. Hello Kitty: You want answers?

Lt. ridemonkey prudes: I think I'm entitled.

Col. Hello Kitty: You want answers?!

Lt. ridemonkey prudes: I want the truth!

Col. Hello Kitty: You can't handle the truth!
Weren't you whining not long ago about people talking down to you?

You're good enough at the game of symantics, but that doesn't change the fact that you came here for the sole purpose of antagonizing loco, and now you have taken on the noble quest of trying to piss off the mods. You think you can survive by occasionally pasting pics of some people who actually ride, but any moron can link to stuff from other sites... N8 proves that. It doesn't make you interesting or useful.

And the fact that this thread is still on the first page disproves your theory about lame threads disappearing.

J

JRB

Echo said:
Weren't you whining not long ago about people talking down to you?

You're good enough at the game of symantics, but that doesn't change the fact that you came here for the sole purpose of antagonizing loco, and now you have taken on the noble quest of trying to piss off the mods. You think you can survive by occasionally pasting pics of some people who actually ride, but any moron can link to stuff from other sites... N8 proves that. It doesn't make you interesting or useful.

And the fact that this thread is still on the first page disproves your theory about lame threads disappearing.
Good work echo. I told you you were a good mod. :thumb:

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Echo said:
Hahaha, this sucks. I've got another box of the dozen and can't enjoy any reports until next season :( Oh well I'll be reporting back next 4th(only now i bring more. :thumb: )

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Echo said:
Hopefully next year I won't be all gimped from a crash so I can fully enjoy the festivities :thumb:
True, I got gimped the day you left(and every weekend after that). Oh well that's what beers for.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Wumpus said:
The Kitty's plan of world domination has gone awry.
ahaha!

Albert Einstien said:
I’m’ convinced that Ridemonkey.com is the site that all the wimps, weekend warrior and general loser wannabes go when they get tired of getting their ass handed to them on “regular” MTB forums. I have never see such a wussy display of P.C. kumbayah crap in all my life it make the DORBA forum look dangerous.
AHAHAHAHA! Time to pick and choose everybody, i'll take "General Loser Wannabe". Woohoo!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Damn, I can't believe I've been wasting my time here when there are so many "pro only" forums, which is obviously where I really belong :D

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Those guys are too hardkore for us.
Well at least we know what to strive for. It's good to have goals, although some are unreachable we must not give up.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Echo said:
7 pages and still going strong...it's only your OPINION that this thread is lame

Whoops !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.