Quantcast

What 24' tires for indoor BMX riding?

Mtbike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Indiana
I need suggestions for a 24' tires to ride/race on an indoor track? I currently am running some generic knobby tires, but I have noticed all the riders at the track run tires that have next to no knobs.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I'd say Kenda K-Rad's. I have owned a few pairs, they are light, and roll super fast. Or check out Halo Twin Rails. I haven't actually tried them, but they look super fast. I think they were developed on the UK indoor 4X circuit.

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
Comp 3's are the only BMX tire you will ever need. Been that way for over 20 years. Just make sure you get the real ones (Tioga) because the knock off's have bad rubber.

Lennart

Chimp
Oct 21, 2005
The Hague, Holland
Perhaps Kenda Kiniptions? I haven't ridden these myself (yet), but they have a nice DMR Moto-like knobby pattern, but then wrapped around the whole tire. Only thing, they may be a bit too wide for speed.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I run 1.75" x 24" Holy rollers, they roll super-fast, so much fast than the 2.5" hook worms I had on there. The contact surface is smooth, where the K-rads are textured. The Kenda Kiniptions look good, but 2.3"s are too much for the track. Comp 3's would be great on a track that isn't super hard packed.

lukedogg

Chimp
Nov 24, 2005
remember, since an indoor surface has less loose dirt and rocks (hopefully) don't be afraid to run a less narrow and consequently lighter rear tire. you'll really notice a difference dropping from a 1.85" to 1.75" in weight.