Quantcast

What 26" tires to DJ with???

RITFreeRider

Monkey
Sep 10, 2003
In a Boulderado state of mind
What are you guys running when you go to the dj. Right now I just use the Intense 909's that I use for damn near anything. But I'm looking for something lighter now and faster rolling. I've heard of people using hookworms when the dirt is hardpack, but something about that doesn't make me feel to comfortable. I've been looking at the Arrow Launch tires, they seem to be pretty good for dj. So any suggestions would be great.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i have the arrow launch tires, and they seem to grip well on dirt, and especially well on the street. plus they're noticeably faster rolling than my previous fire xc/kujo dh setup, and the round profile is nice. however, i haven't been djing with them, but others can probably fill in for my lack of experience.

RAcErX336

Chimp
Sep 21, 2002
Allen, Texas
Kenda K-rad 2.3's are what I use. I use em for everything. Skatepark, DJ's, Urban, I even use them when I go trail raiding and they work fine. Their pretty cheap also.

freerider215

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
i've been using a pair of Kenda Kinetics 2.35, i think they are called xtreme x country or something like that. kevlar bead, nice and light, run dh tubes with them and haven't had a flat in a long long time. i have a pair of Dmr motos on my Rhythm and i think they are comparable to the launch and i can tell you the motos are nice. roll beautifully, hook up on street and mid to hard pack great.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
larsen tt's roll FAST. anything 60 durometer should roll fast and grip well. i run high psi as well so that helps a lot.

greenreese

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
I roll worms and they work well for jumps, but not so well for burms and looser stuff. I am thinking about getting a mich comp 15 2.2 semi-slick for the front and maybe a arrow for the rear, because I want a little more grip around turns.

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
i really like my highroller semislicks, they are fast and still let you corner. But if you get a set get the singleply ones and run 65psi. The Dh sidewalls are a waste if you arnt running below 40 psi.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Originally posted by Mattoid
I just got a set of maxxis high roller semi slicks and i love them so far. plus they are on clearance on the maxxis E-store for just 30 bucks a peice.
my Launches were $36 (with tax) for the pair....

Zippy357

Chimp
Dec 19, 2003
Mountlake Terrace WA
Ive been jumpin for a while, it depends on the conditions. for hard pack ide go for the maxis hookworm, grips reel well. Im stil trying to find the right tire for wet ground though.