Quantcast

What a forked up society we live in.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
I planted some shrubbery and spread some bark over the freshly turned clay that passes for soil around here.

The plastic bag of bark had a big ole limitation of liabilty, this product is not a growing medium, no warranties expressed or implied, etc., etc.

For a bag of bark?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
justsomeguy said:
I planted some shrubbery and spread some bark over the freshly turned clay that passes for soil around here.

The plastic bag of bark had a big ole limitation of liabilty, this product is not a growing medium, no warranties expressed or implied, etc., etc.

For a bag of bark?
Sue the company for undue mental stress from reading that crap.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Dude we live in a country where they can show a car add where the freakin car flies into outerspace and then shoots back down to earth and turns into a unicorn and poops gold and they would have to put a disclaimer on it that it actually doesn't do that. But yeah I hear you, I wish people had more common sense so they didn't have to print that kind of stuff.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'm not saying that we should encourage Darwinism, but maybe we should remove warning labels and let the situation work itself out.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
"I just hate stupid people! They should have to wear a sign that says IIIII'MMMM STUPID! That way you wouldn't rely on them would you? That's why there's warnings on the backs of products ladies and gentleman, not for us, its for the stupid people!"

--Bill Engvall

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...Or even: "Do not expose to an open flame."

Yeah - it's getting pretty ridiculous with the litigous nature of our society, but that's just because everyone wants to get paid, (i.e. steal money from other people through wrongful litigation)

Justice wouldn't be blind if people didn't j&rk off with it so much...

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
LordOpie said:
I'm not saying that we should encourage Darwinism
I am. If a bag of mulch is dangerous to you, then you should accept the consequences of being too stupid to live.

We have too many law schools cranking out too many lawyers. They all have to earn a living somehow...you do the math.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
LordOpie said:
I'm not saying that we should encourage Darwinism, but maybe we should remove warning labels and let the situation work itself out.

I think there should just be one warning sticker for everything that reads something like "The world is dangerous, morons may suffer injury and generally crappy lives. Don't be a moron"

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Westy said:
I think there should just be one warning sticker for everything that reads something like "The world is dangerous, morons may suffer injury and generally crappy lives. Don't be a moron"
Approved!