Quantcast

What a Glorious Day!

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Just finished it up. It's an 08 Glory 0 Med. Freeride, 888 RC3 WC w/ Nickel stanchions removed due to flaking issues. Code 5's, Sunline V-one OS bar and 888 direct mount stem. DT 340's on DT 6.1's, Maxxis Minion 3C 2.5's and Maxxis Freeride tubes, FUNN seat, evolve DH post (soon to be Thomson) X9 shifter, rear der and ultegra cassette, SRS guide, Holzfeller Cranks, DHX 5.0 w/ a manitou TI spring.

I went with the FR version because of the lengthened TT, about 2 inches longer than the DH model. I'm 6'1 and need all the leg room I can get. I may still look into flat crowns for it but I want to ride it before plus risse hasn't even released them yet for the 08 888's, actually no one has that I know of. What do you guys think?

Edit: It's 42 w/ pedals.

It's going to have a little brother pretty soon as well! 08 Giant Reign X!!

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Nice. I've always liked the look of the FR model, both for the longer TT and the colour scheme. Does the headangle end up about the same as the DH bike with the big fork? What BB height do you end up with?

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Nice. I've always liked the look of the FR model, both for the longer TT and the colour scheme. Does the headangle end up about the same as the DH bike with the big fork? What BB height do you end up with?

Not quite as slack as the DH, I don't have an accurate measurement yet. The BB is currently at 14.1...

I need to ride and get a solid feeling. Cold as all hell right now and still snowy...

Edit: The ano black looks so good, the pics don't do it justice at all. I really dislike the blue/white..