Quantcast

What a hassle... (pre season building)

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
As the season approaches, I've been running around trying to see what kind of frame to use. I have right now a '04 Marin Wildcat DH (my ultimate dream bike). Problem is I wanted to race something a little smaller than an 18" this season (despite my height of 5'10"). So i've been trying to figure out what to buy. Morewood, orange, santa cruz, and specialized all went through my head. But ever time i looked at my baby, i just couldn't stand the thought of not racing her. So now i'm going through hell and back again to exchange the front triangle for a smaller one.

Well i called up the company and the guy told me that Marin has a couple smaller frames laying around and they'd be glad to send me a new one. (but for the price of like $450 or something :mumble: ) but they said I had to do the order through a bike shop. So i went to my LBS and they said ya know what we'll just send it in as a replacement for a shop bike and you'll only have to pay shipping. So i was like "oh riiiight.... gigity gigity guu." so know i get to keep my baby and race it untill she breaks which i hope is in like 10 years.

J

JRB

So they are ordering you a new frame, sending your old frame in, or what??? I am very confused.