Quantcast

What a prologue!

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
Yeah it was good. Lance did awesome. I think the Alp D'Huez is gonna be really fun to watch, that is what I am looking forward too most.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I loved every minute of it. Fabian Cancellara had the best day of his life. What an incredible accomplishment. First Tour, and a win in the first stage!

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
It was impressive, I was shocked my Simoni he was like way down like 128th place really bad.
Also I assume you are all watching this on OLN, I can;t stand to listen to Bob Roll I have no real reason but I just hate him does anyone agree? I've always liked the british guy but arghh BOB Roll. :mumble:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Positive vibes for Lance... the winner of today's stage does not seem to be a real threat or even a contender - but what an awesome short distance time trial rider. I never heard of him until today but now that I have - :thumb:

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
Looks like Simoni and Heras are already in a bit of a (30-40 second plus) hole to start things out. At least Simoni hasn't been trash talking before this tour like he did last year. Wow, Cancellera looked strong. The sport is gonna be in fine hands after all these 30 somethings retire in the next 2-3 years. I think we witnessed the first step being put into place today by Lance on his way up to the top of the podium where we'll find him after 3 weeks. I'm sooo stoked to watch the next 3 weeks of racing. BTW, I'm a Bob Roll fan if for nothing else than to see him made the butt of the other's jokes. I like the new guy they got to do the overview voice. He's better than Kristen Gum or the doofus they had a few years back (Andrew Karsten?). I know all you guys are enjoying the start of the Tour too. Woooohoooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
JMAC said:
It was impressive, I was shocked my Simoni he was like way down like 128th place really bad.
Also I assume you are all watching this on OLN, I can;t stand to listen to Bob Roll I have no real reason but I just hate him does anyone agree? I've always liked the british guy but arghh BOB Roll. :mumble:

You suck. First Lance bashing, and now Bob Roll bashing. :redX: :redX: :redX: :redX:

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Alright I suck but I think I have a felling lance is going to blow up the race in the first week and just try not to lose time in the mountains. I heard some interveiw and he made it sound like thats what he sorta plans. Also Fabian is is actaully a rather high profile rider in other races but this is his first tour and i think he might win some stages.

Don;t get me wrong I don;t sound like it but I am a huge fan of Lance. I just get pissed off when ppl think he's the only good rider there's like 30 riders in the TdF and they're all so close that they all deserve equal credit. Lance is the best at the TdF and if he loses this year it's cause he's getting old. I think what he has done for cycling in the US is great. However he really is only a TdF rider and thats all he is, all these other riders like Simoni are racing and winning more races than Lance has ever done. They deserve more. :devil:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
JMAC said:
However he really is only a TdF rider and thats all he is, all these other riders like Simoni are racing and winning more races than Lance has ever done. They deserve more. :devil:
There's no law that says Simoni has to race the Giro too...if he wants to challenge Lance at the Tour, maybe he should train solely for that for a year and see what happens.

Next year perhaps...looks like he's leaving Saeco after Cunego upstaged him :)

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
I think the main reason Cunego ustaged him was because simoni was being an idiot and thought he could win the giro with putting his main focus on the TdF now he's just royally screwed.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
is not really a stage it is just that a prologe,and yes I can`t stand Bob roll with his british teeth and his stupid comments :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: ,and as far as Phil Ligget goes that guy is greatsest ,guy for the tour ,BTW so hedi your now an Orgonian :evil: :evil: