Quantcast

What about Mac & Cheese?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I made some lazy man mac & cheese by putting some cheddar on top of some steaming hot pasta. Hit the spot.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Blue box Kraft is the best...I use minimal milk, really brings out the cheesieness. My wife make a wicked baked M&C...in high demand whenever theres a bbq going down.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
It seems this forum category is always filled with firearms talk. Why no mac & cheese threads? :D
Because it takes diabetes far longer to kill someone?

M&C content, I like to add a few shakes of crushed red pepper to the melted butter/cheese/flour combination while it is simmering to give it a bit of spice. It meshes very well with the high fat/dairy content.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
I had some excellent five cheese mac and cheese for lunch today. Bacon is another great add-in for it.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Blue box Kraft is the best...I use minimal milk, really brings out the cheesieness. My wife make a wicked baked M&C...in high demand whenever theres a bbq going down.
I like to cook the pasta very al-dente, then add lots of milk and really cook down the milk a bit. That way it is not only very cheezy, but also has more real dairy in it as opposed to just the powder stuff of unknown origin. Also ensures uniform cheese and no lumps.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I made one the week after St Pattrics day that had crumbled corned beef in it along with some irish porter infused cheddar cheese.