Quantcast

What about St George?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The rain in the Bay Area is driving me crazy!

I convinced some of my buddies to drive to Moab for Memorial Day, but what about St George? I noticed it is closer and hopefully less busy than the very popular Moab.

And, does Brianhead open that early?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
To answer your questions:

St. George will be busy, but not packed like Moab is bound to be. Dixie High (college) will be out, so you won't have to contend with the idiots, and the snowbirds run north by then. Most people around here don't go to St. George for Memorial Day, simply because it'll be hot.

The trails in St. George also kick Moabs to the curb.

Brian Head's last day for winter operations is April 15th, and while they haven't had a banner year like the Northern resorts, it may be unlikely that they will be open by Memorial Day, or it could be their opening weekend.

There's plenty of DH/FR stuff around St. George if you hookup with some locals. Here www.utahmountainbiking.com in the forums you can find more info.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
blue said:
The trails in St. George also kick Moabs to the curb.
Only if you don't know the right folks in Moab...

The one advantage that St. George has over Moab is the concentration of Mormons.

Weekend days at the local Walmart equal freak show days at the local carnival what with all of polygimists prancing around with their slaves ("wives').

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
blue said:
Or you don't know the right people in St. George?
Oh silly uninformed child, I certainly know the right people in St. George.

As in the folks that are involved in opening a great deal of the routes around St. George, legal and otherwise (hint: she works for the BLM and he has been involved in local trail blazing for a LONG time).

Please continue to proclaim your cluelessnes to the world, it makes for very funny reading.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'm also willing to bet there's more Momos in Moab percentagewise than in SG.

How many times have you been out here, douchenozzle? 4, 5 times?

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
justsomeguy said:
Please continue to proclaim your cluelessnes to the world, it makes for very funny reading.
It's quite entertaining, I must admit.

How in God's name can you or I know anything about riding in Utah?

Maybe he will tell us all about Vernal next. That would be a hoot.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Be my guest, since you seem to know more than I about where I live.

:rolleyes:

The ignore list is my new best friend...again.