Quantcast

what am i doing wrong?

jonnyknox

Chimp
Sep 10, 2005
the other i day i was doing some small jumps and every time i took off i did like a nosedive and almost went over the handle bars.....im a beginner so i dont know what exactly im doing wrong
.....thnx jon

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
loco said:
Is that like tuggin on a bong???
lmao...I guess it could be if you decided to load the bowl of the bong before someone came over for a smoke sesh..."hey bro/sista, I preloaded the bong for ya"

I was referring to the motion of pushing down on your handle bars and using some of your front suspension to either a.) create more of an upward motion right before you hit the end of the lip...or b.) give yourself more jump peak heighth...but don't forget to nose back into the landing...

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
goodtobeIrie said:
lmao...I guess it could be if you decided to load the bowl of the bong before someone came over for a smoke sesh..."hey bro/sista, I preloaded the bong for ya"
:blah: a 'pull' or 'tug' on a bong is when yuou spark the bowl and fill the chamber with smoke and no inhale. back off it clear your lungs of all air then hit the bong again using your very last bit of space just to clear it.

skurfer333

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
lower your seat, when I first started freeriding I had the seat jacked up my a$$ like I was still riding XC and went over the bars a few times before I realized what was wrong. Lowering your seat gives you more standover height so you can get out of the saddle when jumping and absorb your landings.

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
fiddy_ryder said:
:blah: a 'pull' or 'tug' on a bong is when yuou spark the bowl and fill the chamber with smoke and no inhale. back off it clear your lungs of all air then hit the bong again using your very last bit of space just to clear it.
that's what I call taking sooo long you give yourself a stale hit... :nope: :p

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
goodtobeIrie said:
that's what I call taking sooo long you give yourself a stale hit... :nope: :p
**** i just do it when i want to fall outta my chair,, its not like i let the smoke sit breathe and rip away

whats even better is crushed ice in the water,, soooper dense smoke,, expands in the lungs gar-uuunnn-teeeed to bust yah chest

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
fiddy_ryder said:
**** i just do it when i want to fall outta my chair,, its not like i let the smoke sit breathe and rip away

whats even better is crushed ice in the water,, soooper dense smoke,, expands in the lungs gar-uuunnn-teeeed to bust yah chest
the ice just cools down the smoke so you can inhale more...it doesn't make the smoke more thick...if you really want to get ripped...my favorite way, kinda a lot of work, but you can't beat the gravity bong in the sink or bucket... :evil:

goodtobeIrie said:
the ice just cools down the smoke so you can inhale more...it doesn't make the smoke more thick...if you really want to get ripped...my favorite way, kinda a lot of work, but you can't beat the gravity bong in the sink or bucket... :evil:
Take this to the pot thread....

If you don't already smoke pot don't start.

Damn kids and their rap music...:mumble: :D

droplover

Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
Colorado
Hey fiddy_rider! Hey goodtobeIrie! You guys are a couple of jack@$$es! Why don't you take the drug talk somewhere else. jonnyknow was asking a question relating to bike riding. And in case you've forgotten, bike riding is part of a healthy lifestyle. Remember that the next time one of your fellow bikers is asking for advice on something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
droplover said:
Hey fiddy_rider! Hey goodtobeIrie! You guys are a couple of jack@$$es! Why don't you take the drug talk somewhere else. jonnyknow was asking a question relating to bike riding. And in case you've forgotten, bike riding is part of a healthy lifestyle. Remember that the next time one of your fellow bikers is asking for advice on something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sounds like someone needs to hit the bong himself...

and yeah...he was getting such quality advice as it was...the only reason this thread was kept alive was because of us...relax bro...and yeah, I ride my bike everyday...but thanks for thinking about my health... :thumb:

and in case you forgot...marijuana is an herb...not a drug persay... :heart:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
droplover said:
Looooooooser.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
goodtobeIrie said:
sounds like someone needs to hit the bong himself...

and yeah...he was getting such quality advice as it was...the only reason this thread was kept alive was because of us...relax bro...and yeah, I ride my bike everyday...but thanks for thinking about my health... :thumb:

and in case you forgot...marijuana is an herb...not a drug persay... :heart:
w00t!! hijacked :evil:

Benton

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
SLC
It's also possible that you're pulling up too soon on the bars. I used to do that all the time. You come into the jump real light on the front end and you end up hitting hard on the back end after your front end is in the air. This causes you to nose down. Try pushing into the jump with your handlebars to preload like others have suggested.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Learn a J-hop. Its like a bunny hop but more of an ollie motion on a skateboard. You pull up yuor front wheel then pull your back wheel out of under you and up. A jump is similar to this motion, but longer and more gradual.

This kind of helped me pump/preoad off jumps and get the whole feel.

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
mtnbrider said:
Learn a J-hop. Its like a bunny hop but more of an ollie motion on a skateboard. You pull up yuor front wheel then pull your back wheel out of under you and up. A jump is similar to this motion, but longer and more gradual.

This kind of helped me pump/preoad off jumps and get the whole feel.
If that's a J-hop, what the hell is a bunny hop??? :dancing:

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
oh nooo not another bunnyhop thread as well....a bunnyhop and a jhop are the same thing, the racer hop is pulling up both wheels at the same time....