Quantcast

What am i supposed to do with this file?

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I downloaded a "movie" as a.rar. I extracted it and there's a gang of files in .vob .bup and . ifo files. The Vob files I can open but they're just chunks of what appears to be a dvd rip. Can i just burn this to a DVD-ROM with Nero and watch it on my home dvd player?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That's a raw DVD rip. Download a program like DVD Shrink (link), load it up, and select "open files", then select the directory you have the files stored in. It will recognize it as a DVD and will create a DVD ISO for you to burn - or will burn it directly in conjunction with Nero.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
You should be able to fire up Nero and select DVD video and drag all the files into the TS folder and burn. This is provided it will fit a standard DVD ~ 4.3 gigs. In most cases, if you got it off a torrent, it's already been sized to fit on a standard DVD-+R. DVD Shrink will generate the .img or .iso file for you and size things down to fit on one DVD. But in most likelihood, you won't need the extra step of Shrink. You'll be able to tell immediately when you drag all the files into the TS folder in Nero... Nero 7 Ultra will also do dual layers, but I've steered away from that media... WAY too expensive!

Edit: if it is too big, and you don't want data/definition loss from using Shrink, you can try using Nero Recode and remove all the 2 channel audio tracks, menu, subs, and any other crap they like to mash into a retail DVD.