quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
I've been running ZTR Flows on Hope Pro IIs (20mm front, 135mm x 10mm screw-in bolt) on both my bikes for 2 years and 3 years respectively

we sell loads of "hope hoops" (hope factory built wheels) with the Flow / Pro II combo and its been really popular because its got great strength-to-weight, nice wide rim for stability, easy tubeless setup and super durable hubs with all parts available next day, and legendary backup from Hope

it totally kills all the proprietary stuff from Roval, Easton, etc. on value, comes in close on weight and spares (Rims, spokes, hubs) are super easy to obtain at affordable prices without long lead times

as an example, I sold a customer a set of Roval Traversee All-Mtn wheels, he thrashed the back rim on the first outing, we tried to get new rim and spokes from Specialized and they told us it was cheaper to sell him a new back wheel at heavily discounted price, than to buy the parts and rebuild :(

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Anyone running the Sunline V1 AM wheels?

It looks like they may have been discontinued since they are no longer on Sunline's website. But they are light, wide, have multiple axle options for hubs, and use normal spokes. And frequently come up on Chainlove for cheap - $300 for the set.

I use Azonic Outlaws for my DH bike, they are way too heavy to AM use unless you destroy wheels on a regular basis.

My next wheelset will be custom build with Hadley rear and either Hope or Hadley front hub. Not sure on rims yet, but something similar in weight and width to my Havocs.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Anyone running the Sunline V1 AM wheels?

It looks like they may have been discontinued since they are no longer on Sunline's website. But they are light, wide, have multiple axle options for hubs, and use normal spokes. And frequently come up on for cheap - $300 for the set.

I use Azonic Outlaws for my DH bike, they are way too heavy to AM use unless you destroy wheels on a regular basis.

My next wheelset will be custom build with Hadley rear and either Hope or Hadley front hub. Not sure on rims yet, but something similar in weight and width to my Havocs.

def. Hadley rear hub but as much as I love Hadley, up front the Hope or Atomlab Pimplite are lighter.
Go with Sapim CX-Rays with alum nipples over something like a triple butted spoke.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
i love my crossmax xls they've been pretty bullet proof till now after about 4 years of heavy use all through the winter. The hubs are now in need of some tlc but im hoping that will sort them out. The rims are bullet proof and are still running fairly true. The spokes can be a bit of a pain to get but ive only ever broken one. If i do have to retire my crossmax xls i think im gonna go for some hope pro IIs with flow rims

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
DT Swiss 5.1 hoops, DT 440 rear hub with new 36 pt stars, and Hadley front hub.

Heavy as get out, but pretty tough and hassel free in my experience (altho, the front hub does get lose on occasion, but an easy adjustment).