Quantcast

what an interesting place, time, and circumstance to meet a fellow rider in need

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I was coming out of a long cuing session (theatrical lighting design, show opens next week) at my school, I walk out of the building at 2AM and see that all too familiar site of a bike upside down and someone bending over it.

So I rolled over to the guy to see whats up. Keep in mind, I live in the 5th most dangerous city in the US so when I apporached this guy he was a little hesitant :) He was on a few year old top of the middle line Giant, and his chain was all kinds of effed. I asked him if he wanted some help and he said don't worry about it. I told him I was a pretty good bike mechanic and worked at a shop. He said come on over :)

Anyway, I got his chain back to the point where he could ride, and we had quite an interesting conversation there on the street from 2-2:30AM. Turns out he was coming back from a gathering because somone had just passed away.

Anyway, long story short, I helped out a fellow rider in need, talked for awhile, and got his number to go for a ride sometime :)

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Sweet good deeds are nice. So you are going around at 2:30 AM getting guys numbers! I dont have anything else to say.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Right before you left you should blurted out all serious..."Now gimme your f'ing bike punk"......."aaaah just kidding."

That'd been funny unless he had some mace or somethin....

J

JRB

Pics??? If you're gonna pic guys up and brag about it, at least post pics for N8.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
mtnbrider said:
Cool story! What kind of bike was it? I'm guessing it wasn't a glory.

no, if it was a glory I woulda punched him out and taken it :D

I don't remember exactly what it was, but like I said it was the higher end of their middle of the line bikes. What was above Iguana 2 years ago?