Quantcast

What and how do you play?

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence
Hi level of pessimism at work today, so I thought I'd start a thread about music. Questions as follows: What do you play? Weapon(s) of choice (aka favorites)? What type of music?

For me:

Tom Plays:
Alto Sax, Tenor Sax, Flute, Bass (I try to avoid this though)

Toms' Weapons
1927 Buescher True Tone alto, Parrot Flute (It's actually a pos, but I like it)

The Music I do,
Blues Gigs, Some ol' time Jazz

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I've played the drums off and on for awhile...I can also play the piano. I attempted to learn the guitar last year, but I think there's too much metal in my left hand, I can't get my fingers across the frets on certain chords.

I dig playing fast and boring punk beats. And Smashing Pumpkins.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I play guitar. I've been playing off and on for about 8 years now, just for fun really. I have a Schecter C1+ guitar and a Marshall AVT 50 amp. Both are ok and I would like to upgrade, but it's hard to justify the cost for bedroom playing. I mostly play all types of rock; metal, alternative, punk, etc. I'm mostly a rhythm player; not too good at solos since I don't really spend enough time practicing.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Have played guitar and bass professionally, (been paid, but never made a living at it) but rarely any more. I haven't gigged in nearly 20 years. Still have most of my gear. I have a HH Bass Machine amp and an Epiphone bass and acoustic guitar. I did all my composing on the acoustic.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
You know the first Conan movie where as a child he is strapped to the Wheel of Pain and then it does a fade to him as an adult and he's still pushing it and there is a worn path in the ground?

That's basically my story with drums.

Last edited:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i play banjo, guitar and upright bass.

my banjo is a washburn b-16, my upright (well it is mine until the owner wants it back since i sold my 1972 englhardt) is a custom made one that i cant remember the name of. my guitar is a 1964 harmony archtone f-hole hollowbody acoustic. ill maybe get some pics up later.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
oh and i play mostly honky-tonk, bluegrass, ragtime and old school country stuff.....like hank williams sr. said..."three chords and the truth".