I use the following:

Norton Anti Virus
AVG Anti Virus
SpyBot S&D
Ad-Aware
Ewido
SpyBlaster
ZoneAlarm
And PandaSoftware free scan from there site.

List the ones you use and recomend :oink:

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Microsoft Anti-Spyware & AdAware but mainly just the M$ product, it seems to do a really good job.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Firefox w/ Adblock, Hijack This & Symantec AV.

I run adaware once in a while just to check but it is usually clean except for a few cookies.

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
not paranoid, just safe, online banking, shopping etc etc etc, plus my dad works for a government defence contractor, workin on government comps and ish like that, so i adapted his mind set when it come to comp and safe. not only that, its just good to run multiple apps that do the same thing just to make sure you dont miss anything, or i should say, miss alot less.

btw, i have heard alot of good things bout Hijack This, is it free??

-Timmy

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
Yeah, but you better know what you are doing before you mess with it too much.
Ill look into it.

The reason why I brought this up is because a few nights ago, I clicked a link that a freind sent me, had a video in it, scanned with Norton and Ad-aware, Spybot S&D, (only had these at the time) and it showed up to be clean. But it wasnt, virus/trojan, so I scanned comp again and some minor things showed up. So I turned to trusty MAXIMUMPC for help, and help they did. Downloaded free versions of the other Malware Apps, and did scan in safe mode, and man o man. The results were amazing, found so much little stuffs, a few medium threats, and then the high secruity threats, 5 in total. But my comp should be good now, just waiting for some more ideas on what to do.