Quantcast

What are the best bike shops for DH/Slalom in the southeast?

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
For my area Hampton Trails Bicycle Shop in Hampton, TN http://hamptontrails.com/

What about the rest of you? If you have a URL link or address drop that to me. I am trying to get a quality list of places to advertise DH/Slalom events, so you can get your flyers at the bike shops.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Sycamorecycles.com in Brevard NC
Great shop with great coffee.
They actually get to work on bikes that people ride in Pisgah everyday.
I make excuses to go there just to ride.
I rode their yesterday and dented my XC helmet right on top of my dome.

I'm theeling a lattle fwuzzy tadaayyy.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
MAGIC CYCLES in Boone, also Boone Bike and Touring, Epic Cycles in Black Mountain, NC , Carolina Fatz in Asheville, ProBikes in Asheville (cause Joe Moore is back), Lightning Cycles in Conover, Pauls Schwinn....man honestly though you should just put them in every shop. I'm always amazed at the rigs I run into when I meet guys in shops that have nothing it would seem.
I can run down a list of all the shops I know of in general...there are DH/Slalom riders at all of them that are loyal to the shops for whatever reasons...there isn't a "DH/DS" focused shop anywhere near.
To get their phone #'s, websites, etc....use www.411.com or www.google.com

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
epic cycles is deffinatly a good place. there are three guys me included that work there and are solley dh oriented. allan is always willing to put up resonable amounts of flyers so stop in and it will get put somewhere for all the people to look at. and deffinatly sycamore and carolina fatz are great shops too with a good dh base.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
frznnomad said:
epic cycles is deffinatly a good place. there are three guys me included that work there and are solley dh oriented. allan is always willing to put up resonable amounts of flyers so stop in and it will get put somewhere for all the people to look at. and deffinatly sycamore and carolina fatz are great shops too with a good dh base.
don't I know you?

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
yeh i was. nothing else to do when nobody comes in the shop and all the bikes are fixed and all the boxes have been open. ohh and mike you do i was the guy with the yellow sgs with the super t. the dude who hung around with james and was with the crew with the hellasous truck (in the words of bizutch).

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
ztlh13 said:
For my area Hampton Trails Bicycle Shop in Hampton, TN http://hamptontrails.com/

What about the rest of you? If you have a URL link or address drop that to me. I am trying to get a quality list of places to advertise DH/Slalom events, so you can get your flyers at the bike shops.

It is a pain in the ass to drive to Hampton from the tri-cities. Savings are not worth the 3 hour tour.