Quantcast

What Are The Best Clipless Pedals For My Unicycle?

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
People have done it, but as a mountain unicyclist I wouldn't suggest it and have never attempted it. I used to ride with a dude who ran toe-clips and when he lost it he usually ended up face first on the ground because he couldn't get his feet out of the clips. Clipless on one wheel is asking for van-damage :thumb: :nope:

Duffle

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Doing the MUni
It's not a very good idea to run clipless pedals. None of the people who race wear them...and you won't be able to keep up with anyone riding a bike if you're racing against them :P. Generally you want platform pedals..and shin guards. Your feet fall off the pedals a bit easier.

I still like my 20" wheel, mm, trials. Unless you're really planning to ride hard though (eh, 5'+ drops, I'd say, since I've done those with a kh/onza hub), I'd suggest a Kris Holm uni, I think they still have a 26, and if not, they have a 24, which I prefer. But a KH's cheaper and the frame/hub are plenty good. Also, I wouldn't reccommend Unicycle.com, they've been having all kinds of problems with late shipments, shipping something other than what's pictured/described, bad packaging. http://bedfordunicycles.ca is the way to go. Darren Bedford is awesome, and I got...a free hat, free shirt, free frame upgrade, free stickers. I like free...free is good.