Quantcast

What are the BEST MTB movies ever?

sameergupta

Chimp
Apr 14, 2014
India
So I'm wondering when one is down and out...what are the best MTB films to catch up on. Documentaries about the sport, films with splendidly shot footage etc. I have seen Strength in Numbers only. More suggestions guys? Would love to know what your personal best films are...:D

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
All films from the collective, especially Seasons and Roam. The NWD series were also cool, but I think they got better at the end of the series.
Then the Earthed series for racing action.
Follow me from Anthill is also a pretty decent to get pumped on riding.

Then there is LifeCycles. Really loved the artsy side of that flick. You only have to know that it's not your regular bike film before you watch it to get the most of it.

sameergupta

Chimp
Apr 14, 2014
India
I just discovered this too. Looks slick! http://www.pinkbike.com/news/must-watch-rad-company-trailer-2014.html

All films from the collective, especially Seasons and Roam. The NWD series were also cool, but I think they got better at the end of the series.
Then the Earthed series for racing action.
Follow me from Anthill is also a pretty decent to get pumped on riding.

Then there is LifeCycles. Really loved the artsy side of that flick. You only have to know that it's not your regular bike film before you watch it to get the most of it.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Going to agree with Mo(n)arch, especially about Life Cycles, and add Where the trail ends, and Arival to the list, but before everybody starts bashing me....

Where The Trail ends is awesome if you forget about the plot, I'm pretty sure they set out on a grand concept, it didn't quite pan out, but they had already spent a ton of money and time, so they just went with it. Forget about the plot-line, and just watch it as a riding footage from some new places and think of the "travel" footage as behind the scenes, and it'll all work out.

Arival was a pretty damn good flick, ruined by the musical choice for the Whistler segment, turn the volume down on that and it'll all be okay.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
but before everybody starts bashing me....

Where The Trail ends is awesome if you forget about the plot, I'm pretty sure they set out on a grand concept, it didn't quite pan out, but they had already spent a ton of money and time, so they just went with it. Forget about the plot-line, and just watch it as a riding footage from some new places and think of the "travel" footage as behind the scenes, and it'll all work out.
i agree with this. it was a very promising concept, but i just don't think the end result lived up to it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i always remember a line in spomers video...something along the lines of "welcome to the buffet"....or something like that....i still giggle for some reason.