Quantcast

What are the latest must have DVD's?

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
^^ do NOT download for free. Freakin' theif.:mad:

Must have ---> still the Collective. If you're into skiing get Warren Miller's HIGHER GROUND Excellent ski movie. The best that I have seen.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I don't have many, I'm still trying to make my small collection big.

Get the chain reaction set (the one w/ the metal, hinged box). Its not the newest, but its awsome.

Also NWD 6 Unchained (I thought it was aswsome; although you will hear how sucked from others). I got it at the Santa Barbara premiere; not sure if its available yet at lbs's. I still need to see the older ones.

Earthed 2 was also really good. As was chainsmoke 2 (yes, old...but its good).

edit: oh yeah (how could I forget?) the Collective was awsome- the filming angles, the length of the clips. Thats a MUST HAVE.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Personally I would't pay a cent for the collective. Maybe it has good filming but I fell asleep watching it.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Earthed 2 but I didn't care for the soundtrack. Riding was A+ though.

The NWD6 movie, is alomst worth it alone for the Berrecloth section, music was so-so, but the start and the end were excellent, some of the other sections were just ehhhh.......normal I guess.

The Collective wasn't too bad, lots of remote places that aren't in the normal MTB videos (Hawaii etc...) which is nice to see. Just something different but Vanderham and Sandro have lots of segments in that video.

I find myself watching the above videos and every now and then I'll throw Killing Time in (for street/DJ stuff) or Kranked 5 In Concert (some sick sections) but you should do good with the above.

The only one I haven't seen is Synopsis. That's next on my list :)

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
In NWD6, on the extra features dvd, there is also other videos: crankworks, red bull recon, and other stuff...

I like the music in Earthed 2. SOme of the stuff isn't the kind of stuff I usually listen to, but I thought it was cool and really went with it.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I didnt like NWD6. I might as well have just bought a bmx movie. Here are the three scenerios the entire movie was based around. Theres a drop/jump, the rider is going to a. tailwhip, b. backflip, or c. superman. Borrrrrring. Tricks are for kids. I probably wont even buy next years NWD. Slow motion, bmx on mountain bikes, terrible music. No thanks. Flame away :love:

G30RG3ryan

Monkey
Feb 24, 2002
Sparta, NJ
the music is NWD 6 was actually decent this time - Megadeth, Anthrax, Public Enemy, Dio, Skid Row. Way better than the ****ty rap they usually have.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Banshee Rider said:
I didnt like NWD6. I might as well have just bought a bmx movie. Here are the three scenerios the entire movie was based around. Theres a drop/jump, the rider is going to a. tailwhip, b. backflip, or c. superman. Borrrrrring. Tricks are for kids. I probably wont even buy next years NWD. Slow motion, bmx on mountain bikes, terrible music. No thanks. Flame away :love:
Seriously, too much slow motion. A lot of single jump shots, which are incredibly boring. Let's see riders ride. And ride somewhat smoothly, please. The whole feel to the movie was kinda off. It didn't make MTB seem like something I want to do anymore, wtf? All that glam makes me wanna puke, and the intro was pretty uncreative. Basically, I watch that movie before bed time, not before a ride. It did have a couple decent shots, Kirt Voreis impressed me a lot. And a Nomad isn't a freeride bike?

el_gordo

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
DC (Da Capital)
Hows the Red Bull collection??? I've caught bits and pieces in other movies, but I was thinking it seems like a decent price for many hours of riding...

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
hah! I bought NWD6 and Earthed 2 at the same time and have watched E2 maybe 10 times and NWD6 twice. The riding in NWD6 doesn't even come close to E2. My favorite section is by far Neil Donahue and that other pinner destroying that trail with all of the leaves on it...amazing

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
What kind of music did synopsis and earthed2 have? Because I fully plan on getting both hypnosis and earthed3 -the trailers for each look spectacular!

Scurry

Monkey
May 9, 2003
Boston
gemini2k said:
i've already paid my dues, i've bought nwd 5, killing time, red bull 3 and the collective, i think that entitles me to every other dvd for free.

Are you ****ing kidding me? I dont want to even try and explain. Also, its not like they are all made by the same filmer, nothing entitles you to steel.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
geeez, sarcasm people. I've got a few chain reactions on the way, and i'm waiting to buy the new earthed and nwd6.
________
Shery

Last edited:

trialsmasta

Monkey
Oct 19, 2001
Austin TX
Bicyclist said:
What's Counterparts like? I've never heard of it.

It's Aaron Chases video. It's pretty good, I though NWD 5 was better though. The George Ryan bit was siiiiiick. That guys got heart. I also bought Inertia, and wasn't all that impressed by it. Lately I've been judging DVD's on how pricey they are but that theory is flawed. Bang for the buck, Match 7 is pretty good.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I'm just gonna wait until E3 and Hypnosis come out, then. On a different note, how was Fundamentals?

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
bballe336 said:
Everyone says it was sped up. It really wasn't. And all FR movies are slowed down, It's not a big deal.

it really was....look at at the bushes...either they are riding in a tornado in most shots or its sped up...to the producers defense most of the time just parts of the shots are sped up but they are...look closely..i didnt think so at first either

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
wydopen said:
it really was....look at at the bushes...either they are riding in a tornado in most shots or its sped up...to the producers defense most of the time just parts of the shots are sped up but they are...look closely..i didnt think so at first either
I have watched the video more than enough times to know if something is sped up or not. Yeah the bushes in some scenes are all over the place. But, take into consideration it's really windy up in the mountains.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I helped at a race and got fundamentals. I haven't seen a mtb video like this so can't compare/rate. It was good though. I learned some stuff. I got better at pre jumping and manuals. It is helpful. I say its good (but i'm open minded) hahaha

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Bicyclist said:
...how was Fundamentals?
kinda like an extened teaser. It never really went into the detail that I was looking for. That said, I did learn some and still pop it in on occasion.

Jan 12, 2005
Lancashire (U.K)
The collective-nice angles and a different twist on things but they spent too long on the different locations. I ended up fast forwarding half of it-I was getting bored.

Anyway. get yourself any of the sprung series and Earthed 1&2. Turn the volume and listen. How can nobody like Sparklehorse?

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
keeping_it_real said:
The collective-nice angles and a different twist on things but they spent too long on the different locations. I ended up fast forwarding half of it-I was getting bored.

Anyway. get yourself any of the sprung series and Earthed 1&2. Turn the volume and listen. How can nobody like Sparklehorse?
speaking of sprung the sprung 5 dvd is 4 dollars on actionvillage under skate videos.