Quantcast

what are the thinest strongest flat pedals out now days??

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
indeed pedals are crazy expensive today!.. I dont know if I really have to go for Crampon or go for Wah wah/Superstar instead.

where you find HT pedals? Is it same as superstar?
Yeah Superstar, Nukeproof, Kona, Diety some older NS bikes pedals (and still their cheap brand octane one) plus quite a few more.

They are quite popular in Poland. I've also heard that NS aerlials PRO are not bad.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
gotta say this is somewhat fluke-ish...i hammered the piss out of 2 sets over the last 7 years and they both held up brilliantly.....
It happens quite often to many mg1 users. Not news. There was a huge hype for them not long ago around here. Now almost no one rides them after to many people destroyed theirs. They are not crap, just dont like rocks that much ;)

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
It happens quite often to many mg1 users. Not news. There was a huge hype for them not long ago around here. Now almost no one rides them after to many people destroyed theirs. They are not crap, just dont like rocks that much

that's a fair point, and thanks for the info!

we don't have many rocks in South-East England which is why I have found my MG-1s to be a great value pedal that performs well

I must admit, I rode my Syncros Mental Magnesiums for months without trouble, went to Winterberg Bike Park in Germany for a vacation, smacked the left pedal on a big rock and tore out 2 pins and cracked the pedal body

magnesium does not like rocks ;)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
It happens quite often to many mg1 users. Not news. There was a huge hype for them not long ago around here. Now almost no one rides them after to many people destroyed theirs. They are not crap, just dont like rocks that much

that's a fair point, and thanks for the info!

we don't have many rocks in South-East England which is why I have found my MG-1s to be a great value pedal that performs well

I must admit, I rode my Syncros Mental Magnesiums for months without trouble, went to Winterberg Bike Park in Germany for a vacation, smacked the left pedal on a big rock and tore out 2 pins and cracked the pedal body

magnesium does not like rocks ;)
Thats bad lack considering Winterberg only has like 30m of rocks and its artificial.
As for the whole mg1 thing - here in Poland you either ride DH or DJ. The scene in between is quite small so they are not so popular now ;) Both disciplines dont like mags (Djers not so much but most of them also do street riding and street + mags is even more obvious ;) )

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Late entry, but I just put on some Po1nt Podiums, and while I obviously can't comment on durability yet, these are the nicest things to ride that I've tried. They're thin, at least as grippy as anything else I've tried, nice big platform, and they have this O-ring friction thing which stops the pedal from moving when you take your foot off. If they turn out to be durable too, I'd consider them pretty well flawless.

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
I've got eight months on Point One's pedals and I never want to ride a different pedal. Thin, light, and super durable, over 60 days of resort riding (plus lots of non lift served fun) on these pedals and they are working as well as new. Best pedal in all areas that I have ever had the pleasure of spending time on.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
For strong pedals i have to say the truvative holzfeller's are my best experience to date. They're ugly and they have a bulge at the crank which I hate, but they were free to me and I haven't bent the spindles or damaged them in any way. Not my favorite pedal, but it's worth noting. I bend everything, I can't believe how well these have held up.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Ok so I found one issue - they don't fit into crankholder slots in bike racks/trailers, the gap between the crank arm and the pedal body is too thin... gonna need to do some mods cos I like em too much to get rid of em!

will d

Chimp
Dec 27, 2007
Ok so I found one issue - they don't fit into crankholder slots in bike racks/trailers, the gap between the crank arm and the pedal body is too thin... gonna need to do some mods cos I like em too much to get rid of em!
Thats going to be a deal breaker in australia, or where ever else have shuttles with crank holders.Would it be possible to make an adapter that slots into the crank holders? , still be a bit of a hasel at races.

Last edited: