Chimp
Dec 14, 2020
ijust want to drink whisky in a sparsely lit room full of music

This is the municipal anthem of Winnipeg:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Where some of my tax dollars go, recording stuff like this-
Work days go so much quicker when the boss isn't around and we get to tune in to the Gov funded station:rockout::rockout::rockout:

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Saw LoS in Winter Park a few summers ago with my buddy Dave and a bunch of other hippy types...best free show in ever. RiP my friend...I hope you find the trails you were looking for.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So this is even more personal. My Father was a classically trained opera singer. After he married Mum, he settled down as a teacher and would sing for whomever would pay him. He sang the National Anthem for the Chicago Blackhawks for a bunch of years. There is no video that I am aware of, but this cat on the UToob has come up with some audio. I hadn't heard my Dads voice in over 30 years when it popped up, and I bawled my damn eyes out. As a little hockey crazy kid, this was just about as cool as it could get.
There are a few more audio tracks out there, but this is about as good as it gets.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
It's like Bouncing Souls and The Briggs had a beautiful baby-

Been knocking out a bit of sewing and listening to some punk tunes.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Not a huge fan of the new singer (as of yet). His voice just seems kinda bland.
You are not the only one who has said that to me. My bud Warren did to...but he had a mancrush on Frankie. I like them both, not unlike Diamond Dave and Sammy Hagar w/ VH way back when...

Yeahyeahyeah...I like VH too. Save your breath...

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Had tickets to see these guys last Spring then covid shut everything down. Still bummed almost a year later. Haven't seen them live in 15+ years but hopefully they'll come around this way again sometime soon.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Had tickets to see these guys last Spring then covid shut everything down. Still bummed almost a year later. Haven't seen them live in 15+ years but hopefully they'll come around this way again sometime soon.

A kick ass band right there. I listened to all the Fat Wreck Chords compilations growing up. So many cool bands to hear!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
A kick ass band right there. I listened to all the Fat Wreck Chords compilations growing up. So many cool bands to hear!
A good friend of mine got me into this stuff a Uni. (A lifetime ago...) sort of forgot about it but every now and then run into and remember how much I liked it.

Don’t think this is FWC but in that genre, this always pleases me:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
A good friend of mine got me into this stuff a Uni. (A lifetime ago...) sort of forgot about it but every now and then run into and remember how much I liked it.

Don’t think this is FWC but in that genre, this always pleases me:

seen dem guys multiple times. most recently three-four years back. still put on a good show. 1996 eponymous album is still their best imo.