Quantcast

What are you listening to!?!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
gonna throw this in here for the whole soumdtrack, but especially odd numbers. basically my whole summer of 1991 watching this and trying to learn. @AngryMetalsmith @jackalope @SuboptimusPrime you guys ever skate eastern vert? (see 36:00-ish on)? stoked to have done so. neal hendrix and his endless runs are so sweet.

Never skated ramps as a kid, but @Dogboy may some insight here. Cool vid tho!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Totally upset that EC didn't get selected for the competition to represent Germany in the Eurovision Song Contest. How can you not like this? :D

If you want to catch up on it:

And yes, they do not take themselves very serious.
Would have been moar interesting with German lyrics. :)

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Would have been moar interesting with German lyrics. :)
But....but...international market! Rammstein is one of the few exceptions, funny how many non-native speakers like them. All the hidden meanings of the lyrics get totally lost on them.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Yep! Skated Eastern Vert a few times and with Neal. I wasn't great on vert ramps though, could never get used to the speed/scale of them. Loved a 6 or 7 foot ramp though and lots of street skating.
Same same . . . always preferred mini ramps. The one with the spine at EV was nice. I remember riding one in Carrboro, one in a barn in Mebane, and my buddy in Durham had one in his backyard. We also used to sneak out to the one at the ymca camp near Louisburg(?) until they caught on and started chaining it. But mostly just skated all over downtown Durham when it was sketchy as hell to do so!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Not sure how it happened but another mechanic and I were singing this when we left work yesterday-

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
H8r's friend from work. Touring this summer but I think I am away riding bikes when he comes through my lil' slice of dystopia

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
scrublover got me in to the Like A Version wormhole, TV off, headphones on, and there's an hour gone.

Bit of native tongue at the start.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
This popped up on my YouTube homepage yesterday. AOF is releasing their first album in 13 years this summer, and if this track is any indication, it's gonna be a banger.

I'm very excited, and I'm not even Canadien.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I haven’t listened to them in a while. Thanks for the reminder.
Same, and I heard Happy Idiot on the radio today, weird.

Tonight is ginger beer, pizza and electronic music night. I probably need to get social media back so I stop annoying teh Monkeys, hahaha!

Last edited: