Quantcast

What are you (or should you) be working on at the moment?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm sitting around the house watching the clock, waiting to head to spin class. Dishes are done and dinner (salmon) is ready for post-spin grilling.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Putting the finishing touches on a data file to go into our race software for a XC Ski Race we are timing this weekend.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
I'm supposed to be writing my senior international relations thesis about Hugo Chavez in Venezuela. I went riding instead. I figure, I'm already up to page 47, no sense killing myself when it's 85 and spectacular outside.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
dfinn said:
Is that pretty hard? I've worked with other Veritas products like volume manager but never had a chance to work with cluster.
It is not too bad, but I am doing all CLI to make my life hard.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
I visit this site when I feel like my head is going to explode. Then I realise my life doesn't suck after all...

Actually, right now I'm supposed to be:
-Trying to solve a union problem that just poped up and is going to cost ~$100k
-Checking plans for mistakes for a house I'm building next year. I just sent out the rfp, am getting questions from contractors, and havent even flipped through the plans yet.
-Expediting the remediation and re-construction of a sewage flooded building.
-Coordination with the tenants who were displaced by the flood, which includes transferring phone lines, etc.
-Reviewing and approving pay-aps from various contractors
-I have to do a take-off and order material for some lobby millwork
-Review and approve both the signage and keying schedules for one of my projects (at least an hour each)

This is all stuff I should have had done by now. Crap keeps popping up and my stupid phone won't stop ringing, so the only time I get stuff done is after five. I've got meetings all day tomorrow and most of Friday. It sucks.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
I'm supposed to be cleaning a boat and drinking IPA.

Took a break from the former, proceeding with the latter.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
devising strategies around whether or not we need WFI for the final CIP rinse of certain pieces of equipment, and the cost/schedule hits of the various options.
wide field imager? capital improvements (/investments?) plan? say wha?

my goal for tonight is to put together a solid time for a gran turismo 4 lap-time contest amongst autox folk. :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Toshi said:
wide field imager? capital improvements (/investments?) plan? say wha?
WFI = Water For Injection (parental products require this)

CIP = Clean In Place (via pumping skid and piping manifold, basically)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
WFI = Water For Injection (parental products require this)

CIP = Clean In Place (via pumping skid and piping manifold, basically)
parental = parenteral? :think: . thanks for your explanation, even tho it makes no more sense to me now

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yeah, i missed the 'er'. oops. where's that blushing smilie?

basically it's quality of water, as per USP standards. measuring conductivity, total organic carbon, and the like.

i often wondered what jsg's job was, but barnacle scraper/beer drinker caught me by surprise.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Im stewing over an interview I have friday that will determine if I get into medical school. I have a test tomorrow in Western Civilizations, but instead of studying, I'm reading what everyone else should be/is doing.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
wannabeabonedoc said:
Im stewing over an interview I have friday that will determine if I get into medical school.
ooh, fun. where at? 1 on 1? 3 on 1? :dead: ethics questions?

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
narlus said:
i often wondered what jsg's job was, but barnacle scraper/beer drinker caught me by surprise.
No barnacles, it's only been in fresh water.

Took a day off for some Spring cleaning since it was a hellish 70 degrees in Norcal today. Cleaning is best done with hoppy inspiration IMO.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
workin' the IABP and CRRT machines for a really sick post open heart.

and all his IV meds, and the Swan-Gantz line, etc., etc.........

(got myself plunked down in the room; yes, i'm paying attention to my patient - excuse the geekspeak above) ;)

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Toshi said:
ooh, fun. where at? 1 on 1? 3 on 1? :dead: ethics questions?

Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine. It's down near, but not part of, Virginia Tech. It's 1 on 1 but there's 3 consecutive interviews. I think I'd cry if it was 3 on 1. As for ethics, I'm pretty sure they'll ask them, but I've been practicing. One of my professors gave me this one: "As an ER physician, how would you go about telling a 9 year old boy that you have to cut off one of his limbs?" Ummmm, no idea. I'd tell him about all the cool attachments he could get I guess.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
I should be giving bilateral DMH infusions of the Y1 antagonist 1229U91, but the f'in microsyringe pump is on the fritz.