Quantcast

What are your buying and selling strategies....

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
......apart from buy low and sell high.
I guess buy whole bikes but split to sell? When you split, do you absolutely split everything? I have a DH frame to sell but want to sell it with the cranks, chain guide and seat post (cut) as well as the rear wheel (150mm spacing).
I use Yahoo Auctions here in Japan which is seller friendly but E-Bay sellers are increasingly offering free international shipping on smaller items. I've heard though that E-Bay is buyer friendly. I've used E-Bay a little but any tips for buying/selling on E-Bay.
Interested in hearing the principles you guys use when buying and selling.

As an aside, you know you're getting old when all the parts you want to sell are now retro and worth more than you thought. $100 for a Specialized "shark fin" disc brake adapter. Bloody hell.

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
These days, I give away anything my friends need/want, then sell the rest in bulk for a ridiculously low price just to have it be gone. Anything more than that isn't really worth the time and effort.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
These days, I give away anything my friends need/want, then sell the rest in bulk for a ridiculously low price just to have it be gone. Anything more than that isn't really worth the time and effort.
This. Lately I've been keeping my stuff long enough that it's used enough that it won't sell well, or for much. So give/trade with friends is what I've been doing.

Every couple of years I'll go to a swap meet and move what's left over.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Retro stuff is hot? I am glad I kept all my old neon stuff, gonna be rich! Like Rick James!
They're not gonna pay you in coke.

Put it all on Pinkbike with "Trade" checked and let the hilarity ensue.
I had someone offer me the services of his GF in trade for my 303 frame and fork. That was one of the more mellow offers.