Quantcast

What are your goals for 2010?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Are you moving up a class/CAT? If so what class?

What are your big plans for the new year and season?

Also post a picture of you riding from this season to spice up the thread a bit.

----------

For me, I am going to be racing in CAT-1 (pro/semi-pro for local races) for my 2nd year in 2010. My main goal is to have a injury free race season. Another one of my goals is to get some top 5's this season. I got a few top 10's in 2009 but with some training and more skill building I think I can accomplish a top 5 finish.

I am also going to be getting a new bike or two at the beginning of the year to ride and race with from Tomac. Hopefully finally make it to Whistler next year. Might try and make it to one of the Canada WC races then head over to Whistler after?

After 2 major injuries this season (shoulder surgery and sprained MCL in my knee) taking me off my MTB for almost 6 months, I am pretty excited for this season to say the least.

Get back in shape and back to race weight. At 223lbs now and want to get under 210lbs.

good thread, good way to get away from the negativity. GOOD LUCK to all in the 2010 season.
:thumb:

Last edited:

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Are you moving up a class/CAT? If so what class? Moving up to PRO

What are your big plans for the new year and season? BRAND NEW East Coast Downhill Team I'm managing... more info later....

What are your goals for 2010? To have the most dominate EC race team, top 5 in pro aka PODIUMS. top 20 at the US OPEN in PRO.

2009, was a pretty good season for me, only had 2-3 races where i didnt podium in CAT 1 because of a wreck going for the glory.... gotta take chances in this sport and sometimes you wreck. o well. Qualified 1st place at the US OPEN in Am. and would have been 18th in pro Qualis.

good thread, good way to get away from the negativity. GOOD LUCK to all in the 2010 season.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Are you moving up a class/CAT? If so what class? Trying to move up to Cat 1 in 2010.

What are your big plans for the new year and season? Actually training over the winter (been at it a month, so we'll see how it pays off)! Get a new DH frame (narrowing down my short list now). Check out the World Cup at Windham!

What are your goals for 2010? Most importantly, have fun! Ride new mountains, and meet new people. Try to improve my riding skillz.

Also post a picture of you riding from this season to spice up the thread a bit.

Only riding pic I have from this past season:

Image Courtesy Jason Nixon ;)

edit:

good thread, good way to get away from the negativity.
Agreed. :cheers:

Last edited:

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
I'm doing everything I can to race the Mega this year and when that happens I'll be content - or dead.

My goals are to travel to lots of cool places to ride this year and make up for the past 8 years of working FT and going to school FT. I really don't care at all if I get better at riding, I just want to ride more often and check out some new spots - for example I'm going to hawaii and NZ for the month of Feb.

I don't have any good shots of me from this year, but I kinda like this one of me trying to stay low over a takeoff with no landing.

Uruk-hai

Monkey
Oct 13, 2004
The 'Quah
My goals are to get back into the local dh racing scene after a 4 year hiatus.

Go to Whistler in the summer for the first time ever...

Push a harder gear on my singlespeed...

I'd LOVE to do the BC Bike Race but that will probably have to wait another year...

Commit to a reasonable year-round training regimen

Ride more and lurk on these sites less...

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany

my plans:
- attend a local race or two for the first time since 2003.
- pester terry and doc enough to get a silncer! ;)
- spend a month in BC/whistler and bring my own bike this time
- RIDE MOAR!!!!!!
- get some newer pictures of me riding bikes :D
- improve my riding and especially jumping!

and as a pic here's a tiny drop from 2003 (Canfield Fatty Fat with Avalanche DHF Fork for the win :D)

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
Are you moving up a class/CAT? If so what class? May do a few timed events this year, just so friends can stop nagging me about my pathetic race schedule. Would like an injury free season and not have to worry about another faulty headtube shearing in half.

What are your big plans for the new year and season? Enjoy the time on my bike/trainer, whether it's singlespeed, XC, late day Downhill session or just gooning with friends.

What are your goals for 2010? Smoke Yuroshek atleast once.:thumb:

Photo- Stephen Speranza

Last edited:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Are you moving up in class?: Staying in the same class for '10 hopefully with some more training I can be a bit more competitive, a top 10 or two would be nice to help justify all the time and money spent training and racing...

Big plans for '10: Mostly, I just want to help motivate some groms to be strong riders and keep the dream alive. Hopefully funds and time permitting I can make it to Whistler a couple times this year, I didn't make it last year and missed it for sure. I probably won't make as many races this year (last year took its toll financially but was wayyy fun) but I want to be even more competitive this year, I'm hungry and the wheels are turning; no skiing so nothing to do but spin the road bike and ride the low elevation trails on the xc bike by my house. Oh yeah and finally be racing with health insurance again a big deal to me, last year I felt like I held back quite a bit because I didn't want to ball it up end up in the hopsicle and have a huge bill with no way of paying it...

My goals for '10: Make a difference in the local scene, be a better ambassador to the sport, go on more group rides and just have more fun all around (thats what this is about anyhow right?) there is a time and a place to buckle down and focus (the start house) but most of the time is just about having fun with doods and pushing yourself a bit. I would also like to make it to National Champs again this year (with better results) and do far more training.

-edit- cool thread.

Attachments

Last edited:

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I'm planning to put my Pro license to alittle use after a season away from racing.

My biggest plans this year are to head up to MSA to watch World Champs with my lady, and go to Interbike since I've never been west of New England and want to see Vegas. (You can't talk me out of it! I know 'vegas sucks!' but I have to go once.)

Goals for this year are to eventually hang with my shops road rides, and to enter another xc race after four years. As for downhill bikes, I don't have any specific goals. Its hard to say where I'll stack up right now.

I only have video, I'm in the white/helmet cam

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
I plan on doing my first ever race, if that counts.

Try to apply some actual riding technique as opposed to just leaning back and holding on.

1. Get my money's worth out of my Diablo season pass.
2. Get up to platty 4 or more times.
3. Get up to highland and maybe whiteface again.
4. Possibly get out to Northstar
5. Go to the WC at Windham.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
Class: Pro

2010 goals, top 15 at nationals
Qualify for a WC round
Prodium a pro grt
Top 5 overall at fluidride cup

Lots of new stuff in the works. I can't wait for this next season....

-KT

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
meh to the questions...

I'd just like to progress even more.. (without an injury), meet more riders, ride more with my friends

and have a blast!

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Are you moving up a class/CAT? If so what class? Second year in Cat1. Last year was sort of a train wreck with getting married, buying a house and had my DH bike stolen. But now I got all that out of the way and it's time to train/ride!

What are your big plans for the new year and season? Going riding and racing like crazy. I missed a lot of races and riding this last season and I can't wait to get back to it. Going to hit up as many west coast races as I can and get Europe or Whistler trip thrown in there for good measure. Also have a new super special secret trail in progress. Hope to have it built by the time the rainy season stops.

What are your goals for 2010? Consistent podium in Cat 1 and hopefully I'll give Josh a run for his money :D

Race early last season before my SOCOM got jacked. Photo credit Nate Phillips

*edit* and yes, I do wear TLD pajamas, and they're damn comfortable :D

Last edited:

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
Ride more - got married, got a desk job, lost the motivation to ride somehow. Must get it back

Get a DH bike - This real job thing may be able to make it happen.

Go to Whistler - my crew has invited me for the past couple years and I haven't been able to make it. This needs to change. The lift served in UT is at least riding, but it's no Whistler.

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
take a podium @ a non platty race.and to beat oliver in a fair race no mechs or flats or crashes. hasn't happened since ragged or 10e maybe. work on the mental prep of racing more. keep my bike fresh
keep working on my cornering
keep expanding the pumptrack out back
have fun which was my goal of 09 and it worked out well.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Make up the few points I need to do a mid-season upgrade to pro.

Get my PhD.

Alas, these two goals don't really compliment each other.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
I'll mostly be laughing at people on 10 Glorys at Whistler.

Gonna be a great year.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/

- don't have any license

- spending a whole season in whistler, improve my overall bike skills, don't get injured

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Gonna stay in CAT 1 for this season.

Looking to get some top 5's in the East Coast Races. Hand full of top 10s this year but I definitely feel I could go faster.

Really want to get Top 10 (Maybe top 5?) at the US Open Amateur class. Got 14th last season with a pretty good run, but definitely lost some seconds here and there.

Want to ride the BMX a lot more, I've been getting in to it lately and its a TON of fun.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Bltch.......it gets no classier than this. I'm headbutting the ceiling already

Me an my homies

To finally impress in my audition for "A chorus line". I was born to dance. It's just a matter of letting the rest of the world discover that drive.

To become one of those fags who's a mid pack CAT 1 racer that talks down to everyone. I think it's my calling. Nothing says authority like medium fish in small ponds. I've got a matching kit and a leatt brace and ride slower than everyone I race against when I travel. I'm halfway there yo!! Now I just need an internet.............

Also post a picture of you riding from this season to spice up the thread a bit

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
My goal is to win a world cup!

A bit lofty, perhaps. But I've always been told to set my goals high. :thumb:

But in reality, maybe I'll get a Norba license and race Cat 1. Maybe I won't. I'd like to follow the entire GES series while living in my car. Awfully expensive though as I wouldn't be working all summer. So that is a no go.

I want to go to Whistler in June and then to Northstar in October for collegiate Nats. That's it.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
My main goal is to continue to race and perhaps win our regional series for 2010. Help some local Junior racers get to all the races. And also help the growth of our local DH and XC racing series.
I also plan on going to the 2 Quebec Canada cups for 2010.
My main goal in the spring is to ride my bike every day......and spend very little time on the internet.

random pic from practice at the 2009 Wentworth DH in N.S. Canada

Last edited:

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
To become one of those fags who's a mid pack CAT 1 racer that talks down to everyone. I think it's my calling. Nothing says authority like medium fish in small ponds. I've got a matching kit and a leatt brace and ride slower than everyone I race against when I travel. I'm halfway there yo!! Now I just need an internet.............
Dood, that's like everyone on the East Coast!! But srsly, my new year's resolution is to troll the sh*t out of RM and ruin people's lives. Any maybe be behind hacktastic again on his next high speed crash.

Edit: Here's a pic of me, an oldie but a goodie. Taco flavored kisses for my Ben.

Last edited:

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I plan on doing my first ever race, if that counts.

Try to apply some actual riding technique as opposed to just leaning back and holding on.

1. Get my money's worth out of my Diablo season pass.
2. Get up to platty 4 or more times.
3. Get up to highland and maybe whiteface again.
4. Possibly get out to Northstar
5. Go to the WC at Windham.
Ditto, minus the visit to Northstar. Mainly, quit dragging the brakes and step out of the comfort zone a bit more.