Quantcast

what (attempted) voter fraud?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
nyposterz: BAM STAFFERS PULL THEIR BOGUS OHIO BALLOTS
Thirteen campaign workers for Barack Obama yesterday yanked their voter registrations and ballots in Ohio after being warned by a prosecutor that temporary residents can't vote in the battleground state.

A dozen staffers - including Obama Ohio spokeswoman Olivia Alair and James Cadogan, who recently joined Team Obama - signed a form letter asking the Franklin County elections board to pull their names from the rolls.

The letter - a copy of which was obtained by palestra.net, a Fox News affiliate - came a day after prosecutor Ron O'Brien publicly urged out-of-state campaign workers for both Obama and John McCain to "examine your conscience" before the elections board beings begins opening absentee ballots today.

Earlier in the week, O'Brien spoke with lawyers for both camps and urged them to make sure their staffs met permanent-residency rules, or face possible felony charges.

Also pulling his ballot yesterday was Hofstra University grad Jake Smith, an Obama volunteer who had voted in Knox County, Ohio.
but seeing how this is a palestra tip passed along to foxnews & now being reported by the nypost, this cannot possibly be true, eh?

he shall be known by his followers...

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
When I early-voted last Saturday, the person in front of me somehow ended up with 2 ballots. He reported it to the old ladies who were manning the voting station and they look like they had seen a ghost. Don't tell me voter fraud (intentional or not) is an isolated incident.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Yeah I don't know. She seemed like a pretty unstable bltch to me. I mean not even wise enough to carve the B in the right direction. I really don't feel fair blaming Mccain for that.
a scary black man running around your head will make you do weird stuff

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Colorado was nice enough to send me a absentee ballot.....even though I haven't lived there in four years.

1) Please don't N8 it. Post a synopsis of the article you're linking to.

2) Might actually be a fair coefficient of insanity in a "homeless vote", but no more, certainly than in the folks who are wound up about, say, Palin.

3) (edit) homeless votes don't, per se, constitute fraud. Get back on topic.

You can do better than that, usually you are quite rational, if provocative.

J

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
3) (edit) homeless votes don't, per se, constitute fraud. Get back on topic.
i guess the first of many problems i see is address verification. if you take that away, who's to say you can't vote in multiple districts for the same candidate?

this is part & parcel of the voter fraud orig topic

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Who better to vote then the homeless? If anyone has an opinion on needs, it would be them.

If you are homeless, then maybe you should get 3 votes. Who's to say they would vote the same twice?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i found it amusing when i read the local paper and found an article about the grass roots obama voter registration volunteers signing people up to vote. the photo for the article was of a dude that i knew i recognized holding up his voter registration card and upon closer inspection.....yup, it was a dude i put away 2 years ago for statutory rape/kidnapping and he is currently out on parole/probation. an uber-repub coworker of mine noticed the same thing and tried to raise a stink about a convicted felon on parole obtaining his voter registration card. i don't think my friend got anywhere with his complaints though but it did amuse me watching him flip out :D

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I'm sorry Manimal, but preventing paroled crims from voting is retarded. Do the crime, do the time, get to vote.
i think he's referring to just the major offenders (felons), not all manner of criminals. if it were the latter, it would be a setback (or 'retarded')

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
i think he's referring to just the major offenders (felons), not all manner of criminals. if it were the latter, it would be a setback (or 'retarded')
If you're not in jail you get to vote. Simple. I have no problem with people actually in jail being denied the right to vote but to continually punish people for the rest of their lives is just bastardry.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
If you're not in jail you get to vote. Simple. I have no problem with people actually in jail being denied the right to vote but to continually punish people for the rest of their lives is just bastardry.
so if i were in jail for voter fraud, fixing elections, racketeering, hacking deibold machines, extortion of candidates, or any sort of fiddling w/ the electoral process, then got sprung, you'd be ok?

by that logic, i should be allowed to keep any rights or privileges i abused, only to be suspended for time served. that's an odd position. but then again, i'm not catholic

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
so if i were in jail for voter fraud, fixing elections, racketeering, hacking deibold machines, extortion of candidates, or any sort of fiddling w/ the electoral process, then got sprung, you'd be ok?

by that logic, i should be allowed to keep any rights or privileges i abused, only to be suspended for time served. that's an odd position. but then again, i'm not catholic
I can't make my position any clearer el-stinko. Once you do your time they should stop punishing you.
Pedos coaching the girls cartwheel squad is a grey area, granted.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i guess the way i view it is the revocation of certain rights/privies is part of the punishment, a-la driving privs when busted for dwo

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
almost always, yes. usually following terms such as: re-education, re-exam, w/ a probationary period following a gradual re-instating, and stick their hands so far down your pockets you think you were in alabama