Quantcast

What bike do you love, just more fun ripping around on?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
the Sunday was pretty solid, Treks session was really good aside from the breaking thing
Yeah. Those happen to be the exact two DH bikes I still have. If you honestly think they'd still be competitive against a good modern enduro bike I'd be happy to sell you one.

I still don't like bigger wheels more and I'm not afraid of the odd bit of rock shrapnell but I'm not naive enough not to realise the wheelsize I still prefer riding is slower. (And Sizing up with an older 26" wheel bike doesn't really ever work as well as a modern wheelbase/geometry bike designed for the larger wheelsize).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think a couple of Cube bikes were good for that too.

I should slap my old Nicolai Ion back together to see how shit it feels compared to modern bikes.
Then again I don't have a decent modern bike.
Friend had a Pole hard tail that where the rear tire would rub the chainstay despite having significant static clearance.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'm not sure if the context from before came across, so I'll add this: With this bike, I don't really give a flying f*ck whether summer comes around or not. It could stay winter for all I care, I go skiing one day, then I rip downhill on the winter bike the next...just like if I was on dirt, but I get to ski in between. That was what was so cool over the last two winters. Things are changing in the scene, people realizing droppers are great in winter...suspension starting to show a bit, but I took it to 11 with this and everything after that has been "downhill". Probably not the best bike ever, but the bike that made me not care about summer...

marmot.jpg