Quantcast

What bike would you like to have for a long-term demo versus your current steed?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Currently have a GG Smash for trail duties, but I'd love to have a Zerode Katipo Trail to try out for a while. The dynamics of a gearbox versus 1x system intrigue me.

edit: with belt drive.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If someone let me borrow a Norco Optic carbon for a while, I wouldn't complain. The Banshee Spitfire I had last year was kind of similar, but a lot heavier and whatnot. Would be cool to try out a lightweight trail bike and not care about it on the local trails :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The new Reeb makes me tingle in naughty places. On paper probably not much better than my current crabon bike, slighter better geometry, slightly better suspension, a lot heavier. What gets me is it that it looks like all I've ever really wanted, a modern version of my old Turner.

1677787893420.png

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
The new Reeb makes me tingle in naughty places. On paper probably not much better than my current crabon bike, slighter better geometry, slightly better suspension, a lot heavier. What gets me is it that it looks like all I've ever really wanted, a modern version of my old Turner.

View attachment 190291
I'm 50/50 on buying one, it is a great looking bike, would I really see an improvement over my sqweeb? Not sure.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I like my The Smash a whole bunch. No ragrets. For regular trail riding, I would long term demo something bougie with less travel, 120/130 or 130/140.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm 50/50 on buying one, it is a great looking bike, would I really see an improvement over my sqweeb? Not sure.
How do you like the sqweeb? What shock do you have on it? I am going to assume the steezl has a similar leverate curve.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Transition just released the new Smuggler. It's basically my Scout but with the grotesque wheel size. Sort of want.
Aside of that. The Chromag full sus make things go funny in my pants.

edit: reading this seems to point that I'm 29er curious. Back to back runs on my local trails would be interesting.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
How do you like the sqweeb? What shock do you have on it? I am going to assume the steezl has a similar leverate curve.
I love the sqweeb, running a cane creek dB Kitsuma air.

Steezl should be same but different, part of my problem buying one, it really won't be a change.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I am curious about a Revel and the Canfield suspension. If they make it a tad lighter, a tad steeper STA, and possibly an adjustable or tad slacker HTA, I’ll probably pick one up if I can get one for ’cheep’.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
having just got my Pivot before winter, and it being a more modern geo take on my RFX, I kind of have that now. I was torn between the Mach and Firebird, so being able to A/B compare them on local trails would be cool.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
megatrail
the zerode
something something idler pulley (norco range? hope hb916? forbidden dreadnought?)
that dark owl
simplon rapcon?
canfield one.2?

in general i don't feel differences much and just like my nomad. still kind of want to try mulleting it...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I am curious about a Revel and the Canfield suspension. If they make it a tad lighter, a tad steeper STA, and possibly an adjustable or tad slacker HTA, I’ll probably pick one up if I can get one for ’cheep’.
I've test ridden a few Canfield and they always felt amazing.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
having just got my Pivot before winter, and it being a more modern geo take on my RFX, I kind of have that now. I was torn between the Mach and Firebird, so being able to A/B compare them on local trails would be cool.
Is it a Mach 6? I forget.

Once Floyd is snow free we should ride. Haven't ridden my Smash since we did the Warren laps with @SkaredShtles back in mid-October.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006

View attachment 190291
Me too,I Love steel,this Bike is a Beauty. And who cares about the Turner Lust?

Avy

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
When i was younger, I wanted all of the pivots idlers gearboxes and whatever else chasing perfection.

Now I want the most simple stuff for a quiet, pleasant, and lively ride.

I'd love a GG whatever is 120mm.
Orange Stage Evo
Intense 951
Banshee Phantom
Kona Hei Hei

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Kona process 134 650b but with a decent spec, or frame only.

It's what I should have bought instead of the hipster special.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

View attachment 190291
As close to perfect as it gets for me, although I'd love a custom brew with a gearbox and belt drive.

Something with the 140 front via a lowered Fox 36 equivalent chassis and 130 rear travel range from a coil shock.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
After eye balling a few Canfields in Fruita, now that I'm no longer there I'm kicking myself for not securing a demo of a Canfield Tilt. Those bikes look flat out ready to go.

My short list of squishy bikes is

Canfield vs Mullet.

I need to talk to the Canfield people about mixed wheels. Their having a spring sale and an XL Tilt frame/shock is selling for 1000 bucks. Thats hard to pass up even with no time on one.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well a season on my Trek Top Fuel has been great except for some big crashes at the end of the season that I unfortunately can't blame the bike for. Here in Denmark 120mm is plenty of travel and light is nice so you can gain some speed on in the mostly flat terrain. That said Trek is not a sexy brand in anyway it's just a bike that works. I will try a higher handlebar with some give and would love to try a 130mm for vs the 120mm SID like a Pike just to see the difference in riding if any. To start I will just get the suspension serviced and the bar installed and hope for spring.