Quantcast

what bikes(s) to bring to sea otter if not entering?

gideon

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
San Francisco
Hey,
I'm still deciding if I am going to go Sat or Sun
Last year there was a post otter aptos jam on Sun, so think the same might happen again (unfortunately I don't really talk to those guys)

What types of courses will be poachable?
Will there be djs, northshore, park

Is there going to be a big splopestyle comp (I imagine they wouldnt want to let ppl on that course)

Also what about bike parking and theft (If one brought 2 bikes, hardtail and dually)

I can't really figure it out from their site
seaotterclassic.com

I think there will be at least a pump track...

Thanks

G

Apr 1, 2008
There will be a pump track. At least that is the info I was given today by one of the persons supposedly building it.

East Bay Rich

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
WC CA
I'll be bringing my hardtail, hoping there will be some jumps in the ride-zone. There should at least be a pumptrack. I'll post up on Friday PM to let y'all know what's there to ride.
-Rich

East Bay Rich

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
WC CA
The Ride-zone is a free demo area with 2 lines of table top jumps (beginner and intermediate). The jumps are not very big at all. Stuff at Pleasanton is bigger. There are two pump tracks- on that's oval shaped with 3 pumpers on the straights, and another that is "L" shaped. Those were a TON of fun. I demo'd two Versus Jabs and Andrew Taylor's 5.5" slopestyle frame. Those Jabs rail! To demo and ride, you have to sign a waiver and get a wrist band. There are other little things to ride that people made, including a random hip jump between the DH area and the heli-pad.

There were people chaining up bikes to wood posts/fences, and even to chainlink fences w/ for sale signs. Some people were leaving bikes on locked car racks.

-ebRich