Quantcast

What BMX bike thread number 10058397563

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I'm a mountain biker. I rode a bmx bike the other day. Now I get it.

Me: 6foot nuthin, 180pounds, not very smooth

Bike: probably something with a longish tt and chainstays, since I ride mountain bikes most of the time. I work at a shop that does Specialized, Haro, Giant, and GT for the most part. I pretty much wanna keep it narrowed down to completes to keep it simple and keep the price down. Right now Im kinda thinking Spec. Fuse III, but I dunno which size, probably one of the bigger ones.

So...what do I need?

Thanks in advance
-Alex

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Well, if I was you and wanted to place a $700 dollar order at Danscomp, I would pick up a fly bikes pantara pro!!! :devil:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
top tube length of at least 20.75 but probably 21.

lots of completes are aimed at younger/smaller kids so the frames are smaller. if you work at a shop, take a few of the bikes you have on the floor for a quick spin and see what works for you.

taller/wider bars make the bike feel bigger as well.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Look at the specialized fuse my roomie from the summer got the best one for like 350 bux and it was a real nice build and rode real nice with a 20.5" tt.

Lennart

Chimp
Oct 21, 2005
The Hague, Holland
I am about 180cm's (approx 6ft), and i ride a 20.75tt..
But when i ride some friends' T1 or Kink Ariaga, both at 21", they just feel that bit better to handle.. but that's personal..;)

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Just be careful about the weight of those complete bikes - compared to build-your-owns they can be a lot heavier, having said that I notice the 06 GTs look like they've been on quite a diet.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Right now Im thinking about getting a Spec. Fuse III. It has a 21.3 inch TT, is pretty light, has a decent part spec, and is pretty cheap. We have one at the shop, that I needta screw around one and decide which size to get. The fuse IV may also be an option, but is it really worth the extra couple hundred bucks for a begginer?