Quantcast

WHAT brake hoses?

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Coming from the saint thread I was wondering if Goodridge lines had a hose that was rubber or nylon coated so they don't scratch your frame? And are their any other companies that make a metal line hose with a rubber coating? :thumb:

DH SB RIDER

Monkey
Aug 31, 2005
Santa Barbara
The goodridge do come with ****ing rubber coating so they wont scratch up ur frame. They either come with rubber coating or some other material. Learn how to spell.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The goodridge lines are a steel mesh, not that damn conduit type stuff shimano used to have. They have a plastic coating for what it's worth...any cable will rub off the paint over a season if you don't protect the frame.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
DH SB RIDER said:
The goodridge do come with ****ing rubber coating so they wont scratch up ur frame. They either come with rubber coating or some other material. Learn how to spell.
hey. shut the hell up. did you really have to be that rude in your post. what does adding the ****ing in there contribute to your post?

face

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
northern utah
dirtjumpP.1 said:
6 words for you: LEARN TO SPELL YOU FVCKING RETARD!!!!!!!
yeah... lets all be cool. dont crap your pants if someone spells something wrong you probably do it all the time but just dont notice

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
wow, look at all that has been accomplished.

and yes you can get braided coated hose from hope, galfer and goodridge, and i think there's another but it doesn't come to mind. The hope coating is quite dense, ie, less like rubber more like plastic. the goodridge coating iirc is somewhat rubbery, like vinyl.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Goodridge hoses rock. Yes they are coated so the steel braiding doesn't scratch your frame up so fast. If you can afford em I highly recommend them. I have tried Hayes hoses, shimano steel braided, and Goodridge. Of the three that I have tried the Goodridge hoses left the other two in the dust.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
black noise said:
What I like to do is put some sort of tape over the frame or wrapped around your hose. It won't rub down the frame so quickly.
Tape on the hose won't help hoss. You need tape on the frame. Tape on the hose is going to move just as much as the hose minus the tape.

Do you think plastic tape will act differently then plastic hose?

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Fair enough being worried about naked braided steel lines rubbing your frame, but the damage done by plastic coated Goodridge lines is going to be nothing compared what rocks, trees and shuttles will do. Just stick some tape or clear 3M protective plastic on the frame on the spots where the cables rub.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
toodles said:
Fair enough being worried about naked braided steel lines rubbing your frame, but the damage done by plastic coated Goodridge lines is going to be nothing compared what rocks, trees and shuttles will do. Just stick some tape or clear 3M protective plastic on the frame on the spots where the cables rub.
Very true. Personally I don't worry about it because my frames get scratched alot... mainly because I crash alot.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
thanx i am going to get them and does anyone know why the metal ones are better then regular, because im not sure i just wanted them so they wont ripe as easily but im guessing they do something more.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
well, it would seem that i was repressed by the rm government. sorry for my comment, but please try your hardest to speel gooder, and use good grammmer. and ill will try to be less of a *quote unquote* dick. anywoo, viva la revolution