Quantcast

what can I do to my boxxer race?

snipes287

Chimp
Apr 6, 2003
Seattle, WA
hey, I just read a thread about boring a hole in the compression cartrage to 3mm. does anyone else have any seacrets or cool things to do on a boxxer race? thanks

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
stand it upright, put a tarpaulin over the top, and hide under it to protect yourself from the torrent of Boxxer bashing that's about to descend on this thread ;)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I modified a 99 boxxer compression damper to give me .7" more travel, then put that in the boxxer race...6.7" is 170mm, like a super T....well it still wasn't like a super T...but it was an improvement.

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
you could put a mojo cartridge in it. Then, depending on your needs, their may not be a need to save for another fork.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If only this thread had been titled, "what can I do with my boxxer race?"...

Oh well...maybe another day...

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
I have a similar question ....

Would I be better off mojo'ing an 03 boxxer race or buying an 04 team and leaving it stock? This would be for dh/hucking (i only weigh 145) if that matters.

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Originally posted by downy
I have a similar question ....

Would I be better off mojo'ing an 03 boxxer race or buying an 04 team and leaving it stock? This would be for dh/hucking (i only weigh 145) if that matters.
defiinately mojo'ing the race

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
The drilling mod you read about for teh Boxxer will not work in the Race model. There is no compression circuit to modify. It is a solid shaft. No hole and if you did it would do nothing. :)

I just took my fork apart last week and looked to see if it had this hole to drill out while replacing my bottom out bumpers.

I repeat: "There is no drilling mod for the Boxxer RACE model.

There is no compression cartidge to modify. Only the Rebound side has any adjustment and that has 2 large holes already.

I was also confused, I thought the RACE model benefited from the same mod...it does not.

Just saving yourself some time and confusion.

Rhino

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
good things to do to a boxxer

1 mojo
outstanding final bang for the buck

2 upgrade to "team" specs
you end up with a fork identical in function to a boxxer team, for a bit less cash (depending on spare parts availability), see my thread called something like "bremen labs boxxer"

Shanks

Chimp
Jan 3, 2004
Ontario, Canada
In a boxxer race you cant fix anything in the compression side. Theres nothing there really. All you can do it work on the rebound side. Try and get the 2004 base valve kit, It's made of metal, and not only that compleatly differant from what tock "race" forks use. This will solve 1 of the problems. Along with the kit you will get a newer style spring seat. This solves another issue. The third issue is still spiking related and adjustment affecting, but Im not gonna leak it out (no pun intended). It makes enough of an improvment I make money rebuilding the forks. Also change the rebound side bottom out bumper to that of a psylo.

If your confident enought to take apart a fork I can send you the parts you need. Providing your in Canada.