Quantcast

What can make a Monday fantastic?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Coming in to your office & seeing your IT guy closing the hood on your machine after installing 2 terabytes of RAID10 HD storage with an ATA card with 64 megs of memory on board.

:drool:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
morning head.
OK...tough to beat. But I don't know my IT guy like that.

BM- I am a graphic artist/animator for two TV stations. I may just render out every 3ds MAX & AE project just for the hell of it....but that still won't make a dent. It is actually two 1 Tb mirrored in case one dies, but they are the new green HDs so they dont produce nearly as much heat so the chance of that happening is slim to none, especially with my "fan club" stirring things up.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I am the tech-geek. My IT guy (I call him Santa) is. I am just here to be creative.

He tries to explain this stuff to me & I comprehend 1/3rd of it. He talks fast & drinks 6 shots of espresso in his joe. :twitch:

As for the dust my 2 intake fans are filtered.

A mirror set is RAID 1, not "RAID 10".

Heat's not the drive killer, tiny amounts of crud that get inside in the manufacturing process is.

Unless you know something I don't, the "green" HDs don't have a reliability advantage.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I still think good morning blow job is more interesting.

You guys are crazy.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I must be the cool IT guy because I'm on the 2nd floor and ride my bike down the stairwell when I leave for the day. It beats waiting for the elevator!

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I guess I should have phrased the question "What can make a Monday @ work fantastic besides calling in sick or getting out of the pen?"

*EDIT ....& besides a BJ.