Quantcast

What Chainguide I Need To Use For The Tomac 204 Magnum Frame !?!?!?!?

edwinrdz

Monkey
May 30, 2006
I Don't Know What Chainguide The Tomac 204 Magnum Needs !!!
Help Me...because I Red That It Only Accept Gizmo Chainguide, But I Don't Belive That, Or I Am Wrong ?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
The gizmo is the only guide that will work without doing some mods. I had an MRP put on my old one and the mechanic had to dremal the cranks the frame and the chain guide to make it work. You can only run a max 38T chain ring with anything besides the gizmo also.

Spam-I have my old gizmo laying around if you need one

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
I got mine put on at a norba race at snowshoe. I talked to the e13 guys and I could of sworn that hey told me they would have to do some mods to make it work. I went with the mrp because the guy had the smaller chain ring I needed and was cheaper than the e13. Once he got it on it worked great

usparc2

Chimp
May 7, 2007
I Don't Know What Chainguide The Tomac 204 Magnum Needs !!!
Help Me...because I Red That It Only Accept Gizmo Chainguide, But I Don't Belive That, Or I Am Wrong ?
Mr Dirt Gizmo is your best bet.. the design of the gizmo means that the chain traveling OVER the upper roller will prevent the chain slap that tomacs are so famous for ..
I run a couple of 204's.. and keep coming back to them...love em.
As far as I am concerned, properly set up.. they're still very competitive, and pretty much indestructable..
I made the mistake of buying a demo 9 2 yrs ago.. what a collosal piece of crap! heavy, sluggish, crap handling..etc..etc.. and it broke, right at the bottom bracket after 2 months (last time I every buy a mass-produced piece of psudo-taiwan manufactured toy)

can send you some detailed pics of chain device setup if you'd like to save yourself a bit of headache..
.. also, if you can grab 3mm of bottom bracket spacers, and some 3mm chain ring spacers.. you can align your cranks PERFECTLY to get a really great chainline and actually have 9 reliable gears on it if that's your thing..

diamondratuk

Chimp
Jun 5, 2007
A, A
Hi there Im new here.(first post)

GO TO YOUR LOCAL BIKE SHOP AND GET SOME DIFFERENT SIZE SPACERS TO GO BEHIND YOUR RIGHT HAND BB CUP AND EXPERIMENT BEFORE YOU START CUTTING AND FILING AT SUCH AN EXSPENSIVE FRAME.

I'v been using A Tomac 204 Lawill for a few years now.
I Use an MRP system 1 Slalom (36T-40T) (that's both inner and outer plates are on the crank and turn. A lot of people will tell you that this can't be done but it can). The outer has been replaced with a machined down E13 Super charger. Also the boomerang on ALL MRP's fitted to Tomac lawill magnum frame's have to be drilled for the bearing bolt above the BB.
I'v been running this setup for years now trouble free, and its bombproof.
However if you have the second single swing arm frame that came after the lawill most of this can still apply as well but without the drilling bit.