Quantcast

What color of new frame to get?

What color for my new frame?!?!

• Go for Pink! Heck yeah! Pink is the new red!

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • ANYTHING but pink, you metrosexual freak!

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Flat Black is the New Black, tough guy.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Matte Silver, fool!

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
So I went ahead and sold my Yeti AS-R frame, and I'm looking at getting a Yeti 575. Last year, the colors offered were black, white, and 'bling' (which was gold, and pretty dang spoffy I must say!) For '05 they're offering those colors (I believe) as well as flat black, matte silver, and PINK!!!

So you KNOW I have an affinity for pink stuff, but what do ya'll think? Would it be too much for an XC bike? Too much for a frame color? Build would be a matte black Manitou Minute fork, black CrossMax wheelset, '04 XTR kit, black Thompson stem and seatpost... you get the idear!

What ya'll think?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
pink is the new black.

but nothing says bad-ass like johnny cash all-black.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
IMO, the bike looks amazing in white (though perhaps I'm a bit biased???). I don't care for it in black, but matte silver could be cool. Definitely not pink.

White gets my first vote, matte silver my second.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jacksonpt said:
IMO, the bike looks amazing in white (though perhaps I'm a bit biased???). I don't care for it in black, but matte silver could be cool. Definitely not pink.

White gets my first vote, matte silver my second.
Hey Jackson - could you do me a favor and email me some photos of your bike all built up?

I voted for Matte Black - for the stealth effect, but perhaps Stealth doesn't fit you FT - not sure.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
fatpandas said:
Splatter paint all the way!! black base, with pink splatter.
Hey! I remember last time splatter was cool. It was around '92. Just a matter of time now before bar ends come back in style........ :dancing:

My first mt bike was a Giant ATX760 black with green splatter. I really loved that bike......... except it was rigid....... and heavy....... :D

-S.S.-

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
MMcG said:
Hey Jackson - could you do me a favor and email me some photos of your bike all built up?
Sure... I'll see what I've got laying around. If you want pics of anything specific, let me know and I can snap some for ya.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
i voted pink for you big guy. but to detail the pinkness, not the bubble gum/cotton candy fluffly pink. something hot and salatious, such as yourself.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Full Trucker said:
For '05 they're offering those colors (I believe) as well as flat black, matte silver, and PINK!!!
Where did you come across this info? Any other changes to the 575 for 05?
Thanks.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
MMcG said:
I voted for Matte Black - for the stealth effect, but perhaps Stealth doesn't fit you FT - not sure.
Aaaaah... Darth Vader style, yo. That's how my AS-R rolled... as much stealthy black as possible... I love it but I think I want something different...

Mackie said:
Where did you come across this info? Any other changes to the 575 for 05? Thanks.
I live about 2 miles from the Yeti factory, and my roommate works at a Yeti dealer. He was over there picking up a demo bike for a customer and they had a pink one in the showroom... hopefully it's not just a one-off, but I think it's gonna be the new style! No other info available... as far as you know... ;)

SkaredShtles said:
And nothing says "I'm confident in my manhood" like a retarded pink bike.
Aw hell... you guys aren't gonna banish me to that "other forum" if I get the Pepto-frame-style are ya? And just for the record, a pink frame says "I'm confident in my metrosexuality!" :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Full Trucker said:
<snip>Aw hell... you guys aren't gonna banish me to that "other forum" if I get the Pepto-frame-style are ya? And just for the record, a pink frame says "I'm confident in my metrosexuality!" :D
If you get a pink bike, you are *REQUIRED* to outfit it with a pink basket and pink handlebar streamers..........

-S.S.-

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
I have to say pink too. There is just something about a rare color bike. My old Super 8 was GM engine block/Safefy Orange. I really liked it as there was no other like it around. Originality maybe, show-off for sure! :thumb:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Get what ever they have in stock! If it is anything like "other bike companies" they will send you whatever color anyway or make you wait. :D

No I am not bitter....lol

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
It's all about the camo paintjob. Those look ill-matic and poser-tastic at the same time. I'm definitely not a fan of pink though.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Full Trucker said:
What ya'll think?
Hey Full Trucker - you SURE about those colors?
Because Jenson is taking pre-orders for 05 models - in Black, Brown, and Polished.
Jenson has f'ed up before though.