Quantcast

What color?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Possible new kit soon. I'm down to two choices.

"Black Mirra"

or

"Red Sparkle"

They are both kinda Liberace pimp. I can't decide.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Red. Shows the ladies you've got a sensitive side.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Note - this will be a general kit - studio, some live, some other stuff. Not my main kit.

I'm going to set it up in a "classic" configuration with old school style hardware. That's why I though red sparkle would be a nice touch.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
red!

I am looking at a cheap kit as well... not that I will buy, but looking at a "silver sparkle" or "black cherry pearl" Gretsch kit. :thumb:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
red!

I am looking at a cheap kit as well... not that I will buy, but looking at a "silver sparkle" or "black cherry pearl" Gretsch kit. :thumb:
AVOID THE CATALINA CLUB KITS LIKE THE PLAGUE. Garbage shells, garbage edges. No amount of head changes or tuning can save those things.

Dude, you can build a kick ass kit for the price of one of those. Do a dye and oil finish. Quick and painless.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I really dig the silver glass glitter on this rental I had last year. I'm gonna get a full DW kit eventually, this is in the running:

Black satin oil finish is fuggin nice too.

I could see myself owning approx 75 drum sets at some point in my life. :D

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
from what I gather your in a metal band? Better get the black then, can't take a red set seriously in a metal band haha.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
AVOID THE CATALINA CLUB KITS LIKE THE PLAGUE. Garbage shells, garbage edges. No amount of head changes or tuning can save those things.

Dude, you can build a kick ass kit for the price of one of those. Do a dye and oil finish. Quick and painless.
WERD!

I had kicked around one in a G-tar Ctr. and wanted to mess with tuning etc. but thought maybe the heads were junk and that was leading to the beat up cardboard box sound! I like the shell sizes that kit is offered in though!

I am trying to work up the time and cabbage to build my own kit but with how I am feeling about playing with this blues band right now, I would rather just stick with the 2 kits I have and spend my money on bike stuff!:shocked: