Quantcast

What comes around goes around?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
DRB said:
Nice try tough guy. I suspect that you would take a tube out of your own tire to help someone out.....
Did you know you really can fill your tire full of grass to get out of the trail in a jam? You can also tie a knot in the tube where the hole is. But it's way easier to carry a spare tube and a patch kit.

This message has been brought to you by The League of Sudanese Freindship and Tolerance.

And yah i'm just funnin, i don't really care if i give stuff up on the trail. In fact it's pretty cool to be able to save someones ride, it's a nice validation of my own bikey experience. i've gived and i've recieved and for how much i ride i really don't run into these situations all that often. But i honestly was suprised to get back that power link.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
i've gived and i've recieved and for how much i ride i really don't run into these situations all that often. But i honestly was suprised to get back that power link.
I remember you gave that chick that crash on the Bridges Trail at LS your banket...and we thought someone was just in the bushes gettin' it on:eek:

I think you should carry a few stickes with the nubs widdled down for splints:)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Westy said:
I usually end up getting screwed when I help people out.

-Took a co-worker with infected tooth to the ER and had a rock kicked up on the road smash my windshield.

-Bought a bottle of water for a Japanese dude I was working with last week and he spilled it on me.

-Gave a guy a chain tool during a race once. lost a bunch of spots finding the tool, he passed me right at the end of the race and left without ever returning my tool.

-Tore a muscle in my back helping a friends parents move.

The list goes on and on and I keep helping people out like a dumbass.
I love that water bottle one the most.

Here's my "karma says screw you."

I took a triple shift spottin new rockclimbers cuz the other two assistant instructors were lazy phucknuts. I caught a woman after she fell 10 feet (3m). She gave me whiplash, jacked up my spine and I still get migraine headaches three years later. Not even a thank you for saving her life.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
LordOpie said:
I love that water bottle one the most.

Here's my "karma says screw you."

I took a triple shift spottin new rockclimbers cuz the other two assistant instructors were lazy phucknuts. I caught a woman after she fell 10 feet (3m). She gave me whiplash, jacked up my spine and I still get migraine headaches three years later. Not even a thank you for saving her life.
Fall 10 ft to her death? :think: Was she falling head first?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Sherpa said:
Fall 10 ft to her death? :think: Was she falling head first?
she was rotating/spinning in the air to iceberg shaped boulders.

The climbing exercise location was chosen by an idiot.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
This is an interesting thread, last year i was doing an xc race (one of the few)...And i was in the top 10 (behind all the leg shavers) The one guy that was in the front of the pack flatted and had lost his tube on the corse...When i came up on him with my group of 5 he was asking for 1 (we were a long way out)...I just said sorry and kept pedaling...There was noway i was going to give him my only tube in a race. I still felt sorta bad about it, but it was a race, and it was my only tube...