Quantcast

What Cranks Rate High In Awsomeness?

Niq1

Chimp
Jul 12, 2006
So my work associate has a GF Rig that's quickly running out of parts to switch out. Currently he's on a quest for cranks. He has access to a machine shop so an external bearing bb can be made to work with the eccentric shell.
So what's cooler than XTR, Stronger than Saint, Better Looking than Diabolus, and More exotic than a Bullseye 2pc?

shiggy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2006
PDX
So my work associate has a GF Rig that's quickly running out of parts to switch out. Currently he's on a quest for cranks. He has access to a machine shop so an external bearing bb can be made to work with the eccentric shell.
So what's cooler than XTR, Stronger than Saint, Better Looking than Diabolus, and More exotic than a Bullseye 2pc?
No modifications are needed to use an external bearing crank/BB with an EBB.

Niq1

Chimp
Jul 12, 2006
We haven't tried it yet, but the Rig EBB looks like access to the bolts would be restricted with an External cup.

shiggy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2006
PDX
We haven't tried it yet, but the Rig EBB looks like access to the bolts would be restricted with an External cup.
Not a problem. Being used by many Rig owners with no issues. You do need to remove a cup to remove the EBB insert from the frame.

MTB-Bryon

Chimp
Nov 21, 2006
North Vancouver
Truvativ's Noir 3.3 is its lightest MTB crankset to date. Unidirectional carbon fiber wraps a full-length AL-66 spine. Chainrings are TNT-coated for reduced friction.

I WANT ONE.

el-cid

Chimp
Nov 4, 2004
Anaconda, MT, USA
If you're looking for strick single speed cranks, White Industries ENO's with a Boone ti. chainring and a Phil Wood bottom bracket is a killer combo, or another cool option is some classic RaceFace Turbine cranks with a RaceFace Taperlight ti. bottom bracket (I'm running both these combos on my bikes).