Quantcast

What data acquisition is DW using here?

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
All i know is that it reports back more info that any normal human could even hope to understand, it only speaks Weaglese, and Dave talks to it even when its not on the bike, and they carry on full conversations.

I heard it from a guy who saw another guy do 42 feet to flat. Its true.

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
Originally posted by S.G.D
all that expensive computer gear, when he should be investing in a new rear tire!

:p :D

~SGD
But he's at SO, so he needs a fast tire. That's just a "naturally made" semi-slick.;)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by ChrisKring
[B
Is this the same Race Tech system that everyone else is using? [/B]
It's the all new "testicular resonance frequency amplitude quantification" series of data acquisition. That bike just took a run down the dh course. For the next 20 or so minutes it gives nuclear magnetic resonance data that only the highest trained technicians can sense............and it can only be detected using an area abundant with sensitive skin..................

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Originally posted by ChrisKring

Is this the same Race Tech system that everyone else is using?
Yo

Its a custom built system, put togeter by yours truly and my good friend Ryan, another govt R&D dude. It is designed for a much different purpose than the Racetech system though. We sample 20 different parameters that give us a pretty complete picture of what is going on with the bike for frame and chassis development purposes. Shown we are only sampling 4 parmeters. The racetech system samples 1 paramter per system. We are pretty guarded about what parameters we actually sample, hence the dressed down system on display.

Speaking of that racetech, Darren Murphy at PUSH has come up with the sweetest GUI for is system that runs on a Compaq IPAQ. It is so awesome. I am jealous. I need a laptop for mine. Gotta find someone who can write me a GUI now! :) I gotta get one of those fork sensors he has too, mine cist us a crapload of $$ and it scares me having it on the front of the bike.

Later!

dw

ssaddict

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
Originally posted by kidwoo
It's the all new "testicular resonance frequency amplitude quantification" series of data acquisition. That bike just took a run down the dh course. For the next 20 or so minutes it gives nuclear magnetic resonance data that only the highest trained technicians can sense............and it can only be detected using an area abundant with sensitive skin..................
LMAO! :D

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
If your using National Instruments stuff, I can write you a slick VI in LabView. We can get it to read and record on a Palm using wireless. Contact me if your serious. I might be able to get NI to support us on this if we presented a paper on it.

Doug

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
Hey,

Did anyone catch that DW said that he was Jealous of ME!!! Yeah, I win!!

Kidding of course, but I do have to thank both Paul Thede and Don Owen of Race Tech and Delta Measurement Systems for all of their hard work developing the bicycle system for me. Those of you that saw it in action know how flawless this thing was.

Anyway, I hope to have something available for the aftermarket real soon. I'll let you guys know.

Later,

Darren @ Push

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Maybe you two need to play nice together and share.

Doesn't seem like it would be too much conflict.

AND dw its okay to love your bike but to "love" your bike especially in public..... for god's sake there were kids around.

*mumbling....change the name of their components to e.thirteen because the other name is offensive and he does that to a bike in public.... he ain't so smart...*:D

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
hahhaahahah

thats the best

Darren and I discussing the finer qualites of a.....

peanut.

heh

No seriously though, that GUI system is bad ass. Darren, you should throw some screen shots up here to show these guys just how sick it is. Super well though out, and really user friendly. I think its an awesome tuning tool. He has some sick oter things too. The ti brake rotors are nuts!

No doubt about it that we will collaborate on some stuff, the only thing it can do is help. Dont worry, we have our plans! :)

dw

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Originally posted by profro
If your using National Instruments stuff, I can write you a slick VI in LabView. We can get it to read and record on a Palm using wireless. Contact me if your serious. I might be able to get NI to support us on this if we presented a paper on it.

Doug
Hey Doug, Ill drop you a line! Let me talk to Ryan first and see how far he is right now.

Thanks!

Dave

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Originally posted by kidwoo
hashahahah

thats sweet

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Originally posted by dw
Hey Doug, Ill drop you a line! Let me talk to Ryan first and see how far he is right now.

Thanks!

Dave
I sent you an email at Evil. Don't know if you'll get that or not. Depending on your computer/DAQ interface I can write you a slick LabView GUI to suit your needs. That can get us started. Then we can get in depth on the wireless DAQ stuff if you want. :devil:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Originally posted by zedro
i can only think of 19...is knarlyness a measurable parameter?
maybe indirectly! haha

by 19 parameters I mean there are 19 sensors, after signal processing, the parameters # pretty damn high.

dw

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
i can only think of 19...is knarlyness a measurable parameter?
The real question is, how do you rate it?

Scale of 1-10, 10 being riding down the side of Everest?

Maybe a pressure factor based on how bad the rider puckers while riding?

Decible volume of how loud the rider is screaming that they're going to die?

A combination? "That guy was hauling through that level 8 rock garden at a pucker factor of 38psi and verbal rating of 65db... it was nasty!"

ssaddict

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
Originally posted by binary visions

A combination? "That guy was hauling through that level 8 rock garden at a pucker factor of 38psi and verbal rating of 65db... it was nasty!"
That's the advanced version, base unit just uses a anal probe to measure "pucker" factor. :devil:

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Originally posted by ssaddict
That's the advanced version, base unit just uses a anal probe to measure "pucker" factor. :devil:
LOL...gross....."man, i cant believe he bottomed out the sensor!..."

i'm guessing there must be some strain gauges in there for sensors, only so many displacement, angular and inertial sensors i can think of using in there.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
strain gauges
In the pucker sensor?

I think I'd like to see what that gauge reads after a lot of Chinese food...

"Dude, my strain gauge was reading off the charts so my doctor recommended some Metamucil."

:eek:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Originally posted by Jeremy R
Jeez, you had that saved on your hard drive impatiently waiting for it to become a reality. Sicko.:devil: ;)
Reality.... what do you think that are making in that big a$$ plant on I85? You didn't really think they were making BMWs there did you?