Quantcast

What day is it? WHAT DAY IS IT? Oh, 29th.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hopefully most of my radiators are back working later today as project basement continues. Most of the rerouting of old pipes in the basement is done today. Dream would have been to just do the whole house in one go. Would have been cheaper too but we just didn't have the funds to do that when we bought the house. Hitting the gym later when the workers are done for the day.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Dogs woke me up at 5 to go for a walk. We are at a friend's ranch in the camper. Espresso and leftover pizza for breakfast. Pick up the young horse just south of here in 45 minutes then we drive 8 hours south to Temecula and drop the horse off. Come home on Sunday.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
About 4" of snow. Still coming down, but this will likely be the majority of the accumulation. Coffee, french toast with homemade syrup, then will bundle up and shovel. Kids want to get outside to play, but I suspect they won't last too long as it's currently 17°F.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Still zero taste and smell, Went out for dinner last night for scampi and loaded baked potato. Twas nothing more than matrix sustenance porridge. Same with coffee.

In other news....

My dive down the Solar/battery rabbit hole has sent me on a spiraling off shoot of a tool spending spree. (not complaining)

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning!
Today: setup an acoustic guitar for a friend, accompany another friend while she gets fit for ski boots, groceries, check list for a ski tour tomorrow. I'm already exhausted. First, strongly considering walking into town for heuvos rancheros.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good morning!
Today: setup an acoustic guitar for a friend, accompany another friend while she gets fit for ski boots, groceries, check list for a ski tour tomorrow. I'm already exhausted. First, strongly considering walking into town for heuvos rancheros.
I haven't had proper huevos rancheros in ages.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Moar wind than snow so far, storm's gonna be a dud. I really don't understand why the town fuckers needed to push the little snow we have around with their plows at 4AM. :butcher:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Good morning!
If I had heuvos rancheros within walking distance, I’d be walking that distance.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Left at 5:55am... that was cutting it a little too close. Ended up going up Clear Creek Canyon instead of I70. 1h40m to Mary Jane...

Gonna be bluebird today...
I dropped off the kids at the garage short term level then swung by Mary Jane at 9:10. Lots full. Turned around and am chilling at the house with wife and youngest kid. We will head out this afternoon for kid-skiing.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I dropped off the kids at the garage short term level then swung by Mary Jane at 9:10. Lots full. Turned around and am chilling at the house with wife and youngest kid. We will head out this afternoon for kid-skiing.
I gather in end times the bus route might be jacked, and if the lots are full then lift lines / shitshow but still:

ETA: My kids are nonplussed about skiing -- it's more so about greasy fries and self serve /////unlimited marshmallows on the hot cocoa but one of the "nice" things about [BZN] townie kids is that they can bus themselves to the hill.

I was a big fan of the Moonlight bus when it was free, drive to the mall at 7:00 AM, sleep til the turnoff to Big Sky, inhale breakfast sammy/put on snowboard boots and ready for first chair...

Last edited:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I gather in end times the bus route might be jacked, and if the lots are full then lift lines / shitshow but still:

ETA: My kids are nonplussed about skiing -- it's more so about greasy fries and self serve /////unlimited marshmallows on the hot cocoa but one of the "nice" things about [BZN] townie kids is that they can bus themselves to the hill.

I was a big fan of the Moonlight bus when it was free, drive to the mall at 7:00 AM, sleep til the turnoff to Big Sky, inhale breakfast sammy/put on snowboard boots and ready for first chair...
Passed a Lift bus in town “Bus full” on its board.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Left at 5:55am... that was cutting it a little too close. Ended up going up Clear Creek Canyon instead of I70. 1h40m to Mary Jane...

Gonna be bluebird today...
I-70 WB was empty at 9AM for the two exits were were on it heading toward Evergreen. I'm sure closer to the resorts and parking was a shit show though :p

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I’ll be at Copper this Wednesday if you’re free, Shared Skittles.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well... Haley thoroughly whooped grandpa. By a lot. Wifey saw Haley in adult karts for the first time and had multiple torn reactions. The jr party that was next to us was cheering her on during the first race, which had seven or eight 11-14 year old kids. She was seconds ahead of them all and it was a slaughter we were both going full out and she was only .25sec off me.

So Wifey is watching:
1) Haley destroy these kids - pride
2) Haley at full speed, which is pushing 40 in the back straight - fear & anxiety
3) kids violently collide at speed - nervous concern
4) Haley come up to multi-kart, dead stop collisions at full speed, chicaning the mess without lifting - terror/pride confusion

And now? Bowling.

Edit: checked times, because she was flying. .7sec faster than prior PR

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got a nice long ride in, well long for January that is. Lots of goobers out on the trail. What is the consensus for putting a front wheel into the derailleur of a slow rider who will not let anyone pass despite numerous polite requests from multiple people?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got a nice long ride in, well long for January that is. Lots of goobers out on the trail. What is the consensus for putting a front wheel into the derailleur of a slow rider who will not let anyone pass despite numerous polite requests from multiple people?
Knife to the kidney

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Evening. Cold here. No snow. Spent some time investigating MF'22 lodging options and some loose planning while oldest was at gymnastics. Now it's time for movie night with the youngest with pizza and wings. Hoping to get outside and play tomorrow when it's positive numbers again.