Quantcast

What day is it? WHAT DAY IS IT? Oh, 29th.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Got a nice long ride in, well long for January that is. Lots of goobers out on the trail. What is the consensus for putting a front wheel into the derailleur of a slow rider who will not let anyone pass despite numerous polite requests from multiple people?
Heh. I find this situation foreign and comical. On our trails (and the other close-by trail systems) if you actually see another person, you stop and talk. #lifeinthesticks

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
ok, i stand corrected. just went out to clear the driveway so we can get out in the morning to go pick up dad from the hospital. guess we did get 12-18 inches after all.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Well... Haley thoroughly whooped grandpa. By a lot. Wifey saw Haley in adult karts for the first time and had multiple torn reactions. The jr party that was next to us was cheering her on during the first race, which had seven or eight 11-14 year old kids. She was seconds ahead of them all and it was a slaughter we were both going full out and she was only .25sec off me.

So Wifey is watching:
1) Haley destroy these kids - pride
2) Haley at full speed, which is pushing 40 in the back straight - fear & anxiety
3) kids violently collide at speed - nervous concern
4) Haley come up to multi-kart, dead stop collisions at full speed, chicaning the mess without lifting - terror/pride confusion

And now? Bowling.

Edit: checked times, because she was flying. .7sec faster than prior PR
has she said fuck skiing/bikes....i want a go kart yet...?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
morning deuce is a no show....

middle of night shit show probably...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
-0630 bike ride with newb #2 who's capable of terrain that lots of experienced riders have refused to ride. Met a woman with a trail mini dachshund named "Biela." (Crankarm!) Dog ran 6k and was unwillingly shoved into a backpack for the trip down
-Hardware store on way back to get PVC tubes to press motorcycle bushings and seals into the fork
-Dog School
-Took newb #1 out to look at bike, negotiated deal (en Español!)
-Returned to house, took daughter to jewelry-making session involving torches and power tools
-Meanwhile, returned home, prepped dog and gear for hike, picked up other family for hike, had dog pull one of their kids flat on her face in the street, then got 8 people and a dog into the FJ62, returned to trails to hike around and show them around the volcanic steam vents and impress them with what their dad (newb #2) had been riding. Saw four toucans at an overlook which was cool.
-Decided to head out for fancy dinner at dog-friendly fancy place.
-Fed dog late on return to much rejoicing.
-Re-mounted bike rack and vaguely arranged kit for morning ride.
-Exhaustion

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
My Baby Aya learned to stop today

B8B27C81-E388-41CC-BDD0-296DC66F8A1A.jpeg

I also learned that trying to ski the afternoon is a parking shitshow. Shall be mornings with kid 3 after all from the garage, then picking up the elder kids from Devo via parking at Mary Jane.