Quantcast

what did you eat this weekend?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I made celery root and porcini soup yesterday after a rainy ride, it was easy and killer, here is what I did: Soak a good handful of dried porcini in warm water. Saute a couple chopped leeks in butter and olive oil. When soft add a diced potato and a peeled, diced hunk of celery root (about twice as much celery root as potato). Fill with stock to cover, bring to a boil, then season and simmer for 15 mins or so. Meanwhile, drain the mushrooms, reserving the liquid, and then rinse and chop and toss 'em in the pot with the shroom juice and simmer for another 10 mins. Puree the whole deal, then season again and toss in some rosemary, thyme, sage, or whatever...add a little heavy cream right at the end and serve with parm croutons and a drizzle of truffle oil...MMMMM

Oh, after that we had lamb racks and drank a 2001 Ridge Sonoma Station Zin. If you can find some, get some... :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Lately I have been getting some nice tuna filets. Covering them in sesame seeds then quickly seering them ina pan with a bit of sesame seed oil. Damn tasty and easy to make.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
we had friends over sat night and i made some pork tenderloin, covered w/ chopped herbs and roasted garlic, wrapped in bacon. sides of green salad, and white beans w/ red onion.

last night we grilled a chicken, cut into parts. made a nice rub with:

clove
cinnamon
cumin seeds
coriander seeds (all the above crushed in a mortar/pestle)
salt
pepper
paprika
turmeric

rubbed the chicken, and marinated for 8 hr w/ olive oil, and freshly squeeze lemon and lime juice.

it was fantastic!