Quantcast

What did you get for X-mas that is bike related?

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Bought myself a 888.

Parents were nice enough to get me a Chris King headset as well as some Roach Rally FR shin/knee guards and Park pedal wrench, housing/cable cutter, and the external BB tool.

How

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Area 51
I got myself a new shuttle rig.... 2000 Toyota 4Runner WG Now i just need a Sportworks rack, anyone know what the product is since they got bought by Thule? Also need a DVD player and some BFG 265/75R16 All Terrains to make it complete.

from my parents... nothing bike related except some carpentry tools I can make sick ladders with, so i'm stoked.

Kanter I'll be around for two more weeks, i'll get ahold of you we should go to the big mtn.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I got a Thomson post, a workbench, a vice, a tool box, and an I-Beam seat/post combo. I just bought myself a DOC. I got my dad shorts, a jersey, a bottle and cage, a computer, gloves, shoes, and socks for his new road bike he just ordered.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
My Christmas gift to myself... a Yeti 303 :D
Otherwise nothing bike related: mostly French wine, French perfume, French foies gras and French cartoons: all the **** I don't really buy here :)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
canthuck said:
i got the new foes dh frame with the 2 to 1 leverage rate. chris king hubs, eight track rims, fox 40, hope brakes with the 6 piston design, hopey steering damper, also got a new specialized s-works epic carbon disc its pretty much stock right now but im gonna make some upgrades later, also got a brand new p.3, and to top it all off(if that wasnt enough) i got a complete salsa dos niner. as far as little stuf goes, i got two troy lee helmets, ten dh tubes, a n ew car rack, a complete mechanics set of park tools to put in my workshop, a double bike stand that actually goes into the floor, a huge box of new tires from maxxis and kenda and a compressor to go in the workshop. thats it i think, thanks to my husband for all this by the way

:eek: Holy sh!t. That's awesome! :eek:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
instead of buying a house for Christmas, canthuck decided to remain in the cardboard box, and ask for bike stuff.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
wow, I hate you guys. I got soap, socks, and a watch,
oh and 80 dollars wow, no I'm not kidding thats all I got

U guys don't kno how lucky you are to get all of these amazing parts.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
ctrailfreak said:
Guess it also counts on what I bought for my kids! I got them all new Redline Proline bikes. Got my 8 year old son a Expert and my 5yr old twin daughters Redline Proline Mini's!

They won't know for a fiew more hours though! Just got them built, and placed by the tree! They loved Bmx Racing last season so they all got a big upgrade for this year!
Dude. Best post ever. Seriously, that is friggin' awesome.:thumb: :thumb:

I got myself a new fork for my heckler - pike 454 air uturn:

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Hmm....got a P1 frame, singletrack wheelset laced to XT hubs, FSA cranks and BB, FSA headset, SIC stem, Minute 1:00 fork, 105 rear derail., E.13 SRS with E.13 36t chainring....that was it for myself :)

Still have to go claim the rest of the presents. Hopefully its $$$ for a wetsuit.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
untitledsince89 said:
wow, I hate you, my christmas ****ing sucks
I got soap, socks, and a watch,

****ing stingy ass parents. Is it wrong when my mom gets twice as much stuff as I do

Yeah, what'd you get mom, princess?

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
Seriously I'm not trying to be an asshole about it, but when I get my Mom a CD, pitched in 50 dollars for a new set of cooking stuff and got her some special chocolate cookies. My grand total spent 70 dollars

yea I care about my Mom. but seriously it makes me sick how lucky other people are by and how much stuff other people get.
well enough bitching from me

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
untitledsince89 said:
Seriously I'm not trying to be an asshole about it, but when I get my Mom a CD, pitched in 50 dollars for a new set of cooking stuff and got her some special chocolate cookies. My grand total spent 70 dollars

yea I care about my Mom. but seriously it makes me sick how lucky other people are by and how much stuff other people get.
well enough bitching from me
Christmas isn't about getting it's giving!

The bulk of my stuff I gave to myself. My parents gave me $$$ as I told them that having no job money is more usefull then gifts. My girlfriends parents got me some little things I wanted as well as she did. My birthday is the day before (24th) so I get presents on both.

I had a nice family dinner last night, got a few gifts for my B-day and that was good enough for me. Today is just helping around the house and eating dinner. I didn't spend more than $60 on each parent as that was my limit. I'd love to be able to spend more but I understand that it isn't always about spending $$$ or how much of it, it's just having the experience to share with others.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
the Inbred said:
does your mom have a "partner"?

i don't think i've ever been given anything bike related for x-mas except some knee/shin guards a few years ago.
Nope, my pops passed away when I was 8.

Dan

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
i got as 888RC2X plus saint brakes plus deemax plus hone cranks, plus hone rear derailuer, plus maybe a FSA carbon or easton carbon handle bars

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
Spunger said:
Christmas isn't about getting it's giving!

The bulk of my stuff I gave to myself. My parents gave me $$$ as I told them that having no job money is more usefull then gifts. My girlfriends parents got me some little things I wanted as well as she did. My birthday is the day before (24th) so I get presents on both.

I had a nice family dinner last night, got a few gifts for my B-day and that was good enough for me. Today is just helping around the house and eating dinner. I didn't spend more than $60 on each parent as that was my limit. I'd love to be able to spend more but I understand that it isn't always about spending $$$ or how much of it, it's just having the experience to share with others.
my birthday is the 22(happy birthday by the way)

Geoff G.

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
scituate mass

I got a park ps1, that's about it, and a bit of clothing.
me and dan painted our rooms the same color because we think exactly alike. (we call eachother every day so we can coordinate our wardrobes as well)

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
The wife got a Pink King Headset

I got DT Swiss 240's and rims, XT disc brakes for the Chameleon, and a used Boxxer for the Heckler.

mtnbikej

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
I got a Answer Carbon Full Face, TLD Jersey and Shorts, and some money and an iPod video which now has NWD 1, 4, and 5 and some hubtv and other random biking video stuff on it.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
untitledsince89 said:
wow, I hate you, my christmas ****ing sucks
I got soap, socks, and a watch,

****ing stingy ass parents. Is it wrong when my mom gets twice as much stuff as I do
wow, someone is a greedy, spoiled brat.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
yea that does sound that way. But have you read half of the ****ing post on here. I'm not spoiled in any way I'm just dissapointed, in what I got, did u get socks and soap, and lil bit of cash? idk, if you did or not. but after reading half of these post seeing kids get over, 500 bucks worth of amazing bike stuff, i was totally bummed, out. Aha spoiled? **** you I paid for my full bike and all the parts I have on it. So how bout you stfu and judge people when you kno them.
I'm out I don't feel like argueing with people, that don't read the entire posts.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
How about you don't post sounding like a whiny 10 year old? Seriously, you paid for your own bike parts. Good for you, why should someone else have paid for it for you?

Boo hoo, some kids really ARE spoiled, so what else is new? They have generous parents and the means to do so. You could be much worse off, so be grateful for what you have.

It's not about hoarding as much crap as you can Christmas morning man....

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
yea man, thats very true, in all honesty I could care less what i get. I defintely believe that my parents SHOULDN'T have to pay for any of my bike stuff, I' was simply saying how lucky half these kids are for ther parents to be so generous. I am gratefull for what I have, its just nice to have the support that some parents give ther kids in the sport.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
untitledsince89 said:
yea man, thats very true, in all honesty I could care less what i get. I defintely believe that my parents SHOULDN'T have to pay for any of my bike stuff, I' was simply saying how lucky half these kids are for ther parents to be so generous. I am gratefull for what I have, its just nice to have the support that some parents give ther kids in the sport.
Very true, it would be nice to have extra generous parents but hey...some people don't even have parents at all.