Quantcast

What did you have for dinner tonight?

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
Sunday night was homemade pasta (the square spaghetti, whatever that's called...something that starts with a t...) with homemade pesto, meat stuffed bell peppers, and fried zucchini with caramelized onions.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hot italian sausage, removed from the casing, crumbled and browned, remove from pan
sauté onion and garlic
deglaze w/ white wine
roast and peel a red pepper
sauté mushrooms
boil penne
rinse canneloni beans and add, along w/ pepper and sausage
stir and simmer.

drain pasta, adding some water to the sausage dish if needed.

mix, add freshly grated pecorino and chopped parsley

serve.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well, we know you stockpile milk in your chest freezer, and apparently have enough fake maple syrup to drown a moose, so it's not surprising you never run out of peppercorns.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I gotta make some carbonara soon.

Last night was a huge salad with roasted cauliflower and baby finger(ling)s, arugula, red onion and toasted breadcrumbs in a honey-mustard-garlic-anchovy dressing . Very tasty and even borderline healthy!

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
Meatballs with spaghetti, the meatballs being turkey meatballs from my grandma's recipe :drool: And a diced veggie and arugula salad.

Starvin

Chimp
Aug 8, 2007
Roads & Islands
pan-seared tilapia, sauteed peppers and onions over wilted full-leaf spinach drizzled with honey & balsamic reduction.

tonight: chicken stir fry with traditional vegetables

tomorrow night: spaghetti squash with home-made tomato meat (ground turkey) sauce

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
Recipe, n00B! :mad:
If you're going to hate, you can take your pseudo food-snob-hippie-bacon-loving self and go chug some fake maple syrup in the corner. :twitch:
I had a ridiculously delicious meal, and good memories to go with it. I remember fondly the time I spent with my Italian grandmother asking her to recall how she cooked things and taking notes, and it makes my happy to use her recipes (outlines though they may be--she never measured any ingredients).