Quantcast

what do u need to do to qualify for bromont UCI

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
ok so i want to race at bromont on august 2-3 but i am not sam hill, do i need to qualify or anything, if so what do i need to do. i race JR x

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
How Can you make a UCI trade team?
You need a group of elite athletes (3 minimum), a team manager (non athlete, needs manager license), a custom jersey to register and 1500 euro for the UCI + a fee for your national federation (Canada is $750, France is 1000 euro etc).

You national federation must then approve the team and athletes and send a letter on your behalf to the UCI.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
You need a group of elite athletes (3 minimum), a team manager (non athlete, needs manager license), a custom jersey to register and 1500 euro for the UCI + a fee for your national federation (Canada is $750, France is 1000 euro etc).

You national federation must then approve the team and athletes and send a letter on your behalf to the UCI.
plus proof of rider contracts meeting minimum requirements and documentation that the sponsor is in fact set up as a legitimate 'business.'

and everything submitted by the end of February

In all honesty, unless you able to finish in the top 5 of the pro class on a local level you don't stand a chance at a world cup; you'll get run over. If you're still a Jr. you've got plenty of time to work up to racing world cups.

Jensen

Monkey
Apr 30, 2007
UC/SLO,ca
how do you race world cups then general? im not saying im a sam hill or steve peat, but in the vids ive seen of you i know many a local who could race WC's competitively, and be a lot faster than you and your broham

Rick205

Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
:disgust:Videos dont tell the whole story now do they.....does champery look as nuts as it probably was in reality?

I dont think you can watch a video then say "My friends are better"

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
how do you race world cups then general? im not saying im a sam hill or steve peat, but in the vids ive seen of you i know many a local who could race WC's competitively, and be a lot faster than you and your broham
That may be the most useless basis for comparison i've ever heard (not to mention there are roughly 3 whole minutes of video in existence anywhere). :plthumbsdown:
http://ironhorsebikes.com/video/

I've never pretended to be the fastest guy around. i'm a high school teacher and have no aspirations whatsoever of being a 'professional' cyclist; its more or less a hobby. i know full well there are plenty of racers in this country faster then me. what's your point?

Indeed, there are plenty of American riders who are faster than the few who enter the world cups but for one reason or another don't meet the requirements, choose not to go, or don't care to travel far away for a bike race when, fast as they might be, they still would most likely finish outside the top 40. And it's by no means limited to americans. i'm sure there are dozens of no-name fast europeans and aussies who, given the chance, would beat 90% of our best racers. if the N. American rounds weren't in my backyard i probably wouldn't go either.

a big part of the problem is the new UCI rules which require 20 uci points (as opposed the old rule of 1pt.) or affiliation with a trade team. If you live in America and didn't have the points before the rule change chances are you never would. there just aren't enough uci category races in N. America for up and comming riders to get them. things are looking better this year with uci points available at the mtn. states cup and a few others.

Cult Hero

Chimp
Dec 28, 2007
Santa Barbara
did I wander into pinkbike? Seriously someone asks a question and all of a sudden you got other mankeys questioning someone else based on the "video" they have seen. Asshattery.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
did I wander into pinkbike? Seriously someone asks a question and all of a sudden you got other mankeys questioning someone else based on the "video" they have seen. Asshattery.

I think Pinkbike walked in on us.

Anyway, Demo9, if you want the full scoop on the ins-and-outs of uci rules and how to negotiate them i'd be glad to fill you in. probably too late to do anything this year but, as you said, you still race Jr.'s so plenty of time. Your profile says you live in N. Jersey, if so stop by and introduce yourself at a diablo race some time this season. i'd be happy to help you sort things out. There is a lot more involved than simply 'signing up' (which, again is something your federation has to do for you. you can't register yourself).

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
That may be the most useless basis for comparison i've ever heard (not to mention there are roughly 3 whole minutes of video in existence anywhere). :plthumbsdown:
http://ironhorsebikes.com/video/

I've never pretended to be the fastest guy around. i'm a high school teacher and have no aspirations whatsoever of being a 'professional' cyclist; its more or less a hobby. i know full well there are plenty of racers in this country faster then me. what's your point?

Indeed, there are plenty of American riders who are faster than the few who enter the world cups but for one reason or another don't meet the requirements, choose not to go, or don't care to travel far away for a bike race when, fast as they might be, they still would most likely finish outside the top 40. And it's by no means limited to americans. i'm sure there are dozens of no-name fast europeans and aussies who, given the chance, would beat 90% of our best racers. if the N. American rounds weren't in my backyard i probably wouldn't go either.

a big part of the problem is the new UCI rules which require 20 uci points (as opposed the old rule of 1pt.) or affiliation with a trade team. If you live in America and didn't have the points before the rule change chances are you never would. there just aren't enough uci category races in N. America for up and comming riders to get them. things are looking better this year with uci points available at the mtn. states cup and a few others.
ya i know what you mean. traveling is tough..all the fans get on my nerves and i develop carpal tunnel from all the autographs i sign. i choose to stay home and play assassin's creed all day, lurking in the shadows and not allowing the rest of the world to see my skills and who is the real world champ.

lol jk obviously.