Quantcast

What do you guys think about Deemax rims?

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
you can just be like moto mike and make the noises yourself. lol. i liked it the noise just got annoing. so now its all nice and quit but engages better. ohh and hadley i think makes the noise. :thumb:

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
got 823s / DT 14/15 g spokes / Hadleys for around 600 bucks this summer, with a very high quality build (still perfectly true and evenly tensioned). I assume the hugi freeride hubset is more affordable than hadley in euroland, so go with those.

i've spoken with at least two shops that sell a LOT of mavic wheelsets who admitted that getting repair parts for the mavics can be a pain.

also a standard hubset can easily and cheaply be laced to some other rims a few years from now.

bottom line is i couldn't see any reason at all to get the deemax wheelset.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
p.s. just bought another wheelset recently, went with hadley on the rear and a 'dimension 20' front hub since the hub weight was the same as Hadley, the bearings seemed very decent, and the price was around 50 bucks for the hub.

many shops use the hadley / marz front hub combo, since the bearings in the marz hub are high quality.

anyway, this will save you even more $$$ with no downsides.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
okay i wasnt sure if the hadleys were loud cause ive never riddin one, but from what everyone has told me they said that there awsome hubs. either way you go your gonna get a kick ass hub and wheel so no worries man.

skibum3789

Chimp
Aug 12, 2005
Massachusettes
unless you pick up one of the 2002 or older deemax's go with a d321 or whatever they are called now laced to a hadley, same rim used on the old deemax's. i currently have a d321 on my dh bike and it is going on 4 years old, and im tough on rims. pretty light too. only trued once.

im sorry but 28 spokes on a DH wheel?

the kid in that video is hilarious. the best part..."there goes your deemax hehehe"

Jeff

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
frznnomad said:
i got a set of 823 built to dt swiss hugi fr hubs front and rear. there both 32 hole wheels and the rear has tripple butted spokes and the front is double butted.
tripple butted in the rear and double butted in the front? eh? shouldn't the double butted ones be stronger than the triple ones? coz most ppl build up the stronger wheel for the rear.
kinda off topic but, does anyone use triple butted spokes on dh wheels? something like dt revolution spokes? just wondering... :help:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
DT Apline spokes are triple butted and are recommended for heavy-duty applications like touring or DH/FR for example. So yes triple butted spokes are stronger than double butted spokes although probably not by much.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Look I don't care what rims you want, deemax or D321-EX729 but know this! They're the same thing, different colors, and you can find the D321's on closeout at alot of online places for $40 each. That's is a sweet deal for those rims. With them being that cheap currently you could go with a solid Hadley rear hub, Marzocchi 20mm front hub, and with spokes and build you'd probably look somewhere in the $450-500 range for a wheelset that's pretty bombproof.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
hey for 06 there is a tubless and nontubless dee-max wheelset. nontubless has 32, and tubless has 28...are there any other differences

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
o yeah i have a ? t oare thier anyother differences of getting tubless and non tubless either then the no pinch flats and the weight, because arn't the 32 stronger