Quantcast

what do you love about riding??

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
there are so many things to love about riding.. but what are your favorites????

For me it's:

Getting to ride with really cool people on some awesome trails and talking about it over some beer later

being on a trail in the groove with tremendous flow

That feeling you get when you drop in... on something you havent rode yet and something that seems way to hard. ( the Oh sh*t factor)

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
How good it feels when I stop. When I bike commute to work, I feel good the whole day, which given the depressing place I work at is a good thing.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Being scared. There are very few things at this point in my life that give me an adrenaline rush like dropping into a steep chute, hucking off a boulder or flying down a ski trail.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Riding beats the hell out of running.... which I've been doing since I broke my bike with my garage.

4.5 miles around a track during the late afternoon in Louisiana sucks!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
For me, it's speed and fear...pushing the limits. I love going to new places and riding new trails. I love the rush, the peace, the self powered simplicity of my bike and the trails.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I like a lot of things: 1. pushing up a hill to relieve some stress and the feeling your legs get when you reach the top; 2. all of the cool people I meet and have the opportunity to ride with; 3. the adrenaline rush of a fast flowy section or a really rough technical section that really tests my skills; 4. the serenity of being out in the middle of the woods on my bike and enjoying nature and of course the post ride beers :thumb:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Heidi said:
For me, it's speed and fear...pushing the limits. I love going to new places and riding new trails. I love the rush, the peace, the self powered simplicity of my bike and the trails.

I love everything about it....Except how expensive it is...

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I like the sliding down the muddy trail with my bike on my right. :rolleyes:

I like the feel, pushing the limits. I have actually found I like riding half the time DH by myself. I fight my own demons.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
If it wasn't for riding I don't know where my life would be. I was on a one way track to being dead by 30. When I got on the bike for the first time is was a freedom that I had never felt before.
I have made tons of great friends thanks to riding!
But my favorite thing about riding is the 20ft in front of me. That’s all I think about; I'm not thinking about work, kid, life ~ just the 20ft in front of me. Riding lets me retreat to a place I love.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i love being able to just get away from everything. i forget all of my worries like school and work everytime i hop on my bike. plus its fun.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Progression.

You know that feeling after a ride where you tried a new section or became more fluid through a turn, jump, rock garden. I love that feeling. When you say to yourself "Wow, I just stepped it up a notch and it felt good." That's what it's all about for me.

Riding with friends rules too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I like that I can go at my own pace.

When I ride alone I love the solitude and relaxation. I never feel rushed on a bike except for when I get to a trail head just before a ride... I always rush to get on the trails.

Even when riding with a group there is a certain amount of solitude as you climb hills or break away or fall behind from a group on a DH run...

I love being in the woods... and I love dodging trees.

I don't see cars either...

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Riding is one of the few moments in my life where everything else does not matter and there is only one immediate goal. A higher focus and drive fills me and the details of the trail flow through my senses. A well timed pedal to make it over a rock spine, and instinctual weight shift to dive into a switchback, all done without conscious thought. Riding my bike is as close to a transcendant and spiritual moment as I ever encounter.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Zark said:
Riding is one of the few moments in my life where everything else does not matter and there is only one immediate goal. A higher focus and drive fills me and the details of the trail flow through my senses. A well timed pedal to make it over a rock spine, and instinctual weight shift to dive into a switchback, all done without conscious thought. Riding my bike is as close to a transcendant and spiritual moment as I ever encounter.
I couldn't have said it better myself! For me, riding is how I escape reality. When I'm out dirt jumping or doing shuttle runs, nothing else matters. For me, riding is what keeps me sane.

Not to mention the sense of accomplishment it gives me. There's nothing better than hitting a chute, drop, or jump that scare the sh!t of you.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I love...

feeling like I am flying
being out of breath at the top of the climb
almost crashing but clearing the section anyway and feeling relief and excitement all at once
being free
the silence of being in the mountains with no one around
the babbling brook
seeing wildlife
buying new techie bike parts
making new friends and riding with old friends
chellenging myself
challenging others
showing off injuries and scars
having a cold beer after a tough ride

I love riding my bikes!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
i lovbe it that when i commute home in 20 minutes.. i can just forget about my work.. well at least until tommorow